“Wonderful small hotel in a great location.”
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had no complaints about our stay at Hotel Mazarin. All the employees we met there were friendly and helpful, especially the doormen Our room was beautiful and housekeeping did an impeccable job every day. There is a lovely courtyard with a beautiful fountain where a full breakfast is served each morning. In the evening you can have a drink in the adjoining "Patricks Bar Vin" or enjoy your drink in the courtyard. You will be a short block away from Bourbon St. , if some noise bothers you, ask for a room on the other side. For us, it just added to the ambiance and we enjoyed our small balcony. We enjoyed our stay very much and would highly recommend Hotel Mazarin to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: May 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (4,582)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Petit king rooms are located in smaller courtyard toward back of hotel. Very quiet but no elevator access to 3rd floor. Rooms are very petite. No desk. Only tv stand and chair. Window view is limited to rooftop on 3rd floor. 2nd floor rooms have direct view/access to courtyard.There were several weddings in the larger courtyard and music was very loud so our petit room location was perfect. We heard no noise from wedding or street. Rooms well decorated and bathroom was updated and sexy. Hotel was clean and acceptable to us. Price of 169 per night was a good value compared to other hotels in same vicinity. I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank lilcot
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I just recently stayed there and thought it was great! The staff was nice and it was very nice hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for Easter Weekend. It has just been remodeled so the rooms are very fresh. The are all tile so no musty carpet. YAY! Very nice bathrooms with large walkin showers. The breakfast buffet was very nice and has something for everyone. Nice courtyard with adjoining wine bar. Service was nice and friendly. They do use the courtyard for weddings which prevents other guests from using it during the wedding. The location is great! All in all I would say this is the nicest hotel I have stayed at in New Orleans. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

I saw the review that notes "Terrible" and had to write this as a response. I stayed at the Mazarin during their "construction period" this past spring. I was able to stay their dirt cheap and didn't even notice they were doing work! Turns out that the "construction" meant that they were painting and they didn't think it was fair to guests to charge full price. I thought that was a very honest business practice.
I have to note that I am 23 years old and stayed their as a college senior on a trip for interviews. Usually I am ignored completely as a patron because people assume that I have no money to spend. This was not the case!!! When we got there we had a great time with the concierge and the bellhop. Ended up talking star wars and good solid small talk. Turns out the bellhop works nights at the Mazarin and days as a fire fighter. Every time we walked through the lobby we would talk and they pointed us in a new direction. I also have to say that it was surprisingly quiet for being right off bourbon street.
I cannot say enough amazing things about this little hotel. Stay here. Ignore the "terrible" comment about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012