“Business Trip”

Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Ranked #39 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Hotel was clean and modern with exposed brick and what appears to be original wide hardwood plank floors. Restaurant was ok in the lobby and location was a bit noisy with a very active loading dock right outside the main entrance. Overall a good choice if you are in town for business as it is convenient to the french quarter and other parts of the city.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank johnmccabe10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We booked the room through hotels.com to see a concert at
Smoothie King in New Orleans. John Mayer had emergency surgery for appendicitis so concert was postponed. Called the hotel and they said we would like to refund your money but you must first call Hotels.com. Called Hotels.com and they said no problem just need to confirm with hotel, pout me on hold and came back and said hotel said no. If they were going to say no, why did they ask me to call Hotels.com? Big run around...never staying there!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glenda B
Tiffany W, Manager at Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Glenda B,

I am very sorry about what occurred when trying to cancel your room with us. I would hate to think this is the last impression we would leave with you so I ask that you contact me at twalters@qandc.com so that we can make this right. Thank you for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I went to New Orleans to spend Thanksgiving and choose this hotel for its location. It is within walking distance os all good things in downtown NO, This is an old building remodeled and refurbished, and the rooms still have the old wood floor, which is a beautiful detail. The small restaurant offers a small menu with not many options, but my three breakfasts there were all a perfect experience. But the best at this hotel, the reason that will make me come back is the front desk staff. Those girls and boys were the most service-oriented people that I have seen recently. My kudos to those outstanding girls and boys. Please keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Luis S
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was sort of apprehensive at first, but so glad we booked here. I'm a true Marriott girl and was sort of skeptical about this new Boutique Property, but we were truly satisfied. The quaintness and location of this property was
Everything! Irish the front desk clerk and Robert the Bell Hop were Awesome!! Robert went above and beyond with helping us to find parking and then brought the cart out to the lot to get our luggage in so we could be checked in quickly. Honestly everyone we came into contact with was simply accommodating, but Robert and Irish were as mentioned before simply Awesome. Thanks for making our stay here a true joiy!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I really like this property. It’s got a good vibe when you arrive. There’s an open floor plan with hotel check-in sharing a large space with a cool bar & dining area.

Our room had good decor and great big bed with very nice linens. A very minor inconvenience was only one nightstand as space got somewhat tight.

We were on 12th floor with a nice view - albeit away from the French Quarter. Maybe that’s why it’s so quiet!

Nice bathroom, walk-in shower only, luxurious towels. Refrigerator & Keurig coffee maker were pluses. The ice machine on our floor was not very good.

Housekeeping did a nice job & it was so nice to see how they made the bed so well while we were out.

However, a couple of minor things: restocking of the Keurig left us short of regular coffee at times (too much decaf, tea & flavored coffee - even after we left a note) and once they took the used towels and didn’t replace them. We ended up with one full size towel before stopping at the front desk. The response was very quick - thanks!

I searched for mid to upscale hotel in New Orleans. I was so pleased to find this hotel at a great rate. The reviews from other travelers were exceptional. It lived up to it all.

Breakfast is not included in the room rate. There is a limited but very sufficient menu in the lobby bar. It’s a great space but it takes a long time to be served. Once, after ordering & getting coffee, we kept waiting knowing we had tour reservations that kept getting closer. Stressed & hungry, we had to depart without eating.

On Thanksgiving morning, we called down to order breakfast “to go,” intending to bring it back to our room - our version of room service. After being transferred twice & waiting, we were informed it’s too busy & if you want to order, you’ll have to come down personally to the lobby & wait. Needless to say, we skipped the hassle!

When we did get it on other days, the breakfast food was very good!

FYI: Parking & driving in the French Quarter and Central Business District is crazy & expensive - only pricey valet parking is available at the Q&C. The hotel’s location is very good - walking to spots in the French Quarter only took about 8-15 minutes - and often we were moving way faster than car traffic.

We loved our stay the Q&C. I was very close to ranking it a 5. In my opinion, New Orleans is best food city in the USA. This hotel & the city did not disappoint.

Q&C = Queen and Crescent.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple