“Location & service at its best”

Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Ranked #39 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I went to New Orleans to spend Thanksgiving and choose this hotel for its location. It is within walking distance os all good things in downtown NO, This is an old building remodeled and refurbished, and the rooms still have the old wood floor, which is a beautiful detail. The small restaurant offers a small menu with not many options, but my three breakfasts there were all a perfect experience. But the best at this hotel, the reason that will make me come back is the front desk staff. Those girls and boys were the most service-oriented people that I have seen recently. My kudos to those outstanding girls and boys. Please keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Luis S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was sort of apprehensive at first, but so glad we booked here. I'm a true Marriott girl and was sort of skeptical about this new Boutique Property, but we were truly satisfied. The quaintness and location of this property was
Everything! Irish the front desk clerk and Robert the Bell Hop were Awesome!! Robert went above and beyond with helping us to find parking and then brought the cart out to the lot to get our luggage in so we could be checked in quickly. Honestly everyone we came into contact with was simply accommodating, but Robert and Irish were as mentioned before simply Awesome. Thanks for making our stay here a true joiy!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I really like this property. It’s got a good vibe when you arrive. There’s an open floor plan with hotel check-in sharing a large space with a cool bar & dining area.

Our room had good decor and great big bed with very nice linens. A very minor inconvenience was only one nightstand as space got somewhat tight.

We were on 12th floor with a nice view - albeit away from the French Quarter. Maybe that’s why it’s so quiet!

Nice bathroom, walk-in shower only, luxurious towels. Refrigerator & Keurig coffee maker were pluses. The ice machine on our floor was not very good.

Housekeeping did a nice job & it was so nice to see how they made the bed so well while we were out.

However, a couple of minor things: restocking of the Keurig left us short of regular coffee at times (too much decaf, tea & flavored coffee - even after we left a note) and once they took the used towels and didn’t replace them. We ended up with one full size towel before stopping at the front desk. The response was very quick - thanks!

I searched for mid to upscale hotel in New Orleans. I was so pleased to find this hotel at a great rate. The reviews from other travelers were exceptional. It lived up to it all.

Breakfast is not included in the room rate. There is a limited but very sufficient menu in the lobby bar. It’s a great space but it takes a long time to be served. Once, after ordering & getting coffee, we kept waiting knowing we had tour reservations that kept getting closer. Stressed & hungry, we had to depart without eating.

On Thanksgiving morning, we called down to order breakfast “to go,” intending to bring it back to our room - our version of room service. After being transferred twice & waiting, we were informed it’s too busy & if you want to order, you’ll have to come down personally to the lobby & wait. Needless to say, we skipped the hassle!

When we did get it on other days, the breakfast food was very good!

FYI: Parking & driving in the French Quarter and Central Business District is crazy & expensive - only pricey valet parking is available at the Q&C. The hotel’s location is very good - walking to spots in the French Quarter only took about 8-15 minutes - and often we were moving way faster than car traffic.

We loved our stay the Q&C. I was very close to ranking it a 5. In my opinion, New Orleans is best food city in the USA. This hotel & the city did not disappoint.

Q&C = Queen and Crescent.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh B
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

This is a cute and slightly less funky than expected property. It’s located pretty centrally around the business district so you have super easy access to the FQ, short walk to the Superdome, etc.

I’ve stayed at various Marriott properties (and sister properties)in New Orleans over the past 10 years, always in different neighborhoods (I like to explore). This property felt as if it was out together in a hurry and corners were cut where possible. The location of check in given the proximity of the bar and front door caused a backup and a line that snakes outside.
Also, DO NOT stay on the 2nd floor of the sister building! You’re windows aren’t actually windows (rather frosted glass with false light) and you will hear everyone in the gym (door slams, weight drops, treadmill runs, etc).

I say all this with the caveat that the staff could not have been more lovely!!!! In a city where hospitality is a proud profession you expect a certain level of service, but I was blown away here!!!!

In short...stay here, don’t stay on the second floor, expect great service, and have a grand time!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank hilleajm
Tiffany W, Manager at Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear hilleajm,

Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the issue you had with your room but I am delighted to hear that you were "blown away" by the service of our staff. I appreciate your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in New Orleans!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

This boutique hotel fit my needs and budget for a long weekend trip to NOLA. The room was cool. Roomy, exposed brick wall, modern furnishings. There is no closet, no big deal. They provide a cute clothing rack with a couple of functional drawers. All I needed. There is a room safe and a mini-fridge. Huge TV. Free wifi. The only thing is that housekeeping will come to your room, but they won't replenish anything unless you call the front desk. But, when you call the front desk, they are very responsive. The room and bathroom were clean and there were no issues. They even use Molton Brown toiletries, which I have personally purchased while visiting London. Parking is pricey, but that is expected in downtown NOLA. There is a lot next to the hotel that you can use and add time (up to 24 hrs) on an app. Walking distnce from the French Quarter and Bourbon St., which is great after eating a big meal! I had no complaints about this hotel. I did not want to spend hundreds of dollars per night on a luxury hotel, but this property exceeded my expectations as a first time guest. I will visit again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple