“Fun and modern meets classic feeling, I loved it”

Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Ranked #44 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My experience at this hotel was outstanding. My king bed was super comfortable and I slept great. I didn't have a view, but wasn't in the hotel much anyway, so the room got nice and dark helping me sleep. The bathroom was small, but I was traveling by myself and had no issues with it all. For the rate, I thought the room was great, the hotel is centrally located between the convention center and the French district so I was able to walk everywhere I needed. Wifi worked great for me, I guess the desk could've been a little larger as I had one day where I had to work a couple of hours.

Housekeeping was great. I appreciate the extra 500 reward points if you opted not to have housekeeping. I don't require it everyday as I'm pretty tidy in my hotel stays.

The iron I was using was leaking some, and it was promptly replaced.

I loved the feel of the lobby and bar. Even met a buddy there a pizza and beer despite all the other great alternatives nearby. They had the game on and the food was good. Good happy hour prices.

The bell team was always opening the doors, the front desk always saying hello. I was there for a large convention and the hotel was packed, but I thought they were on their 'A' game.

I'd certainly stay here again in the future. I guess the bathroom would be a little bit of an issue if i was staying with my wife. She requires a bit of time for hair and makeup, so the lack of any counter space would've required some small juggling.

But overall, I loved my stay and the personality of the property, felt I was somewhere else than a 'chain motel.'

Room Tip: I had a room facing bldg next door. No view, but was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
QCHotelBar, Manager at Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear ExpeditionMan,

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us! I appreciate the time you took to write this review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

While my title indicates my ultimate conclusion I can understand where others may disagree. As such I will provide the specifics as to why I feel the way I do.

The good. Usually lobbies are a place to meet up. The lobby here is a happening place in and of itself. A nice bar area with very nice bartenders. A decent happy hour for prices and food included. The food is good. The area is also laid out well with designed separation to give you and your party the feeling of a bit more intimate setting. The mattress was comfortable. The location is convenient to French Quarter or business district. I do not know anything about parking.

The bad. The room service was not good. At one point my brother was awakened by the service in spite of a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. One day we got service but no clean towels. One day we were interrupted three times with the same question. Twice in person and once over the phone. The pillows are like rocks. Finally, I had to turn sideways to get past the sink and to the toilet. There is very limited hanging space (notice I did not say closet which does not exist).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas V
Tiffany W, Manager at Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Thomas V,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your most recent stay with us. I am sincerely sorry that your stay was less than stellar - that is definitely not the impression we want to leave with our guests. I have shared your comments with our staff to ensure they do not happen again however I ask that you please reach out to me at twalters@qandc.com so that we can help to make this situation right. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My bday this hotel was wonderful I wish I had more time to stay there I love the old style meets modern collab the restaurant downstairs was great especially cast iron oatmeal people will always helpful warn me about the other side I would like to visit again but bring the family. I was just saddened to hear while I was there visiting the drunk man that drove into the parade injuring several people.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Meka R,

Thank you so much for your comments about your stay! I am so happy hear you had such a wonderful time and that our staff was able to make it such a memorable stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have stayed at this Mariott Property before and I knew it was tired but it wan't bad and had a good bar and food a few months back.
That has now changed from my initial greeting at the front desk which was covered in papers and the young woman had quite the attitude for a Sunday afternoon. I decided not to quip back but go with it and catch more bees with honey.
She assigns my room to me noting my Mariott status and saying she upgraded me and made sure I was on a high floor (I reserved a king bed)
My room was small with a queen bed and a very dirty bathroom complete with huge stains on the marble like a crime scene had been cleaned up... an empty water bottle cap replaced and set on the tray as if it was for me(for 6 dollars) ... and the topper pills on the floor.
The bar was good last time nice bartender and good pizza gumbo ect...
This time the bartender Craig was in the weeds as was the one cook in the kitchen but the restaurant was not packed far from it... Gumbo and Fish and Chips took about 30 min to get from the kitchen to the bar..
In the AM to get my car from Valet someone at the front desk hung up on me as I was asking a question ... then Valet was in the weeds 45 min to get a car.
Whole stay sub par packed up changed hotels ...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Tedkaczmarski,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us. I am so sorry about all the issues that occurred during your stay. You are a valued Marriott Rewards Member with us and I would hate to think this is the last impression we leave you with. Please contact me at twalters@qandc.com so that we can help to make this situation right. Thank you once again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We booked our room in May for a October trip to New Orleans. We specifically booked this hotel for it's location. Upon check in, I was told the hotel "overbooked" and they took the liberty of booking us a room at Hilton Riverside - almost a mile away from the Quarter. Turns out they sold our room to someone at a higher cost in order to make more money because Voodoo Fest was going on. No communication, no head's up on the change. It was a total disappointment and increased the cost of our trip because we now had to add in additional transportation costs. But it was the total lack of communication that created the most frustration. Will never recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ErinMLarsen,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your reservation. I can completely understand your frustration with having your reservation moved to another location and not being alerted. I see that you booked via a third party site and unfortunately our hotel does not receive guest's information when booked through these sites. We did alert your third party company to reach out to you but I see that the ball was definitely dropped. Please reach out to me at twalters@qandc.com so that we can help to make this situation right! Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.