“Funky Hotel, but ask for a room with a view.”

Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection
Ranked #44 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Lots of contradictions. As a Marriott Platinum member I was "upgraded" to a small room with windows that looked on a wall 2 feet away, Elegant, historic all marble bathroom, but would have preferred a view of some variety. Great bed and linens. Building I was in, (there are two) has an old timey library with books and easy chairs. However, the library also features a huge TV on the wall and a shuffleboard table! Nice bar in main building. Would stay again if i could get a real window's view of anything.

Room Tip: Make sure to demand a window with a view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel at the end of July. There were a couple of incidents that occurred which made us feel unsafe. We reported to the front desk and they assured us that we would receive a substantial refund. On Friday our room was not serviced all day. Someone came to the room at 10:30 PM and identified themselves as room service. We explained we had not ordered anything and then they said house keeping. There was no cart to clean the room and it seemed very suspicious given the time of evening. Not too mention it woke us up. We called the front desk immediately to report it. On Sunday, I had recently left my room only to return to get my phone and an employee was opening the door to walk in...again no cleaning cart. He indicated that he had assumed that we had checked out and was there to clean the room. We were told we would receive a substantial refund for these instances but when I inquired, I received a nominal amount of Marriott Rewards points. After following up multiple times (three) with the supervisor to inquire about the refund (only to be ignored), I have elected to post my experience. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JDubs777
Tiffany W, Manager at Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear JDubs777,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your most recent stay with us. I am incredibly sorry for the issues you experienced with the security and safety of your room and I can promise you we do not take situations like these lightly. I apologize that no one had reach out to you but I ask that you contact me at twalters@qandc.com so that we can make this right. Thank you once again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Where do I start! Have you ever traveled with a group of ladies you never traveled with and had no idea of the outcome.
Well this outcome ended up being perfect. When the ladies and I walked in, everyone greated us with open arms. Starting with the bell hop, Then I met Kendrick at the front desk who went over and beyond with pure kindness! He handled everything we ask for including coming outside to take a pic of us. We stayed until Monday! Also they have the Best happy hour that come with delicious fries!! Ummm hmmm.... The decor of this cute boutique hotel is very nice and unique. I'm so Happy I picked Queen& Crescent to celebrate my birthday with an awesome group of sister's!! Wouldn't change anything about this wonderful experience their in NOLA!! I definitely recommend this hotel. Due to the fact I've been doing blogs, travel agent, a foodie I'm very picky where at reside at. Thanks again Q&C !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We stayed here during our Hurricane Irma evacuation. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accomodating of our circumstances. We had our 16 year old cat with us and the hotel is pet-friendly. The hotel is in a wonderful historic building, and has great character. The food in the bistro downstairs was outstanding! They also have a fitness room. We plan to return!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCKeyWest
Reviewed 28 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Q&C when we came to New Orleans for the U2 concert in September. The staff at the hotel is excellent. From Tico who valeted our car, Lonnie who took care of us from walking into the hotel and making sure our bags were secure while we waited for our room. Craig our bartender who made several good selections for drinks and appetizers and especially Kendrick at the front desk. Everyone was very professional and courteous but I have to give a special shout out to Kendrick. Kendrick made the whole hotel experience exceptional. He worked with us when the air was not working in our room and moved us to another room which was even nicer and the air definitely worked. He was so pleasant to work with and made you feel like you were the only guests that he had. Kendrick is one of those special employees that you wish you could clone and have everywhere you do business. I hope Marriott does whatever it takes to keep him in their employ. We will definitely be back to the Q&C and hope he is still there.

Room Tip: Ask for a skyline room. You can see the whole city.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple