8,655 results
All reviews carousel bar criollo rooftop pool french quarter royal street bourbon street beautiful hotel rooms are small perfect location old world charm beignets street noise mississippi river parking garage jackson square mardi gras garden district
Reviewed 12 July 2005

I stayed at the Monteleone for five nights in early June. I've stayed in top notch hotels all over the world, and I have to say the Monteleone is among the best. I couldn't believe some of the negative reviews written recently. The people who said the rooms were old, unclean or poorly furnished must not have stayed in the same place I did. Yes, the hotel is old, but it recently underwent a complete renovation. Yes, the rooms are small, but so are most of the rooms in the Quarter. (In fact, most hotels of this age have smallish rooms). The personnel at the hotel couldn't have been more charming or helpful. We had a minor mixup with our car company, and the concierge took it upon herself to contact the company even after we had checked out to make sure our bill was not overcharged. I have never ever written a review of any hotel - but I just had to share my experience with the Monteleone. It is a real gem - in the US and the world.

• Stayed: June 2005
19  Thank emtcincinnati
Reviewed 30 June 2005

Stayed at the Monteleone recently, and I like to put in my fifty cents by writing this short review.

The hotel is reasonably priced for a French Quarter hotel and is in a great location close to everything. The hotel is also a short block away from the House of Blues, which can make your stay a bit noisy in the early morning hours by late-night revellers who might awaken you.
The hotel is a little aged and needs some work here and there. The rooms are nicely furnished, but sort of small and in need of a little cosmetic overhaul. The housekeeping staff could also do a better job cleaning the rooms as not everything in my room was properly dusted and vacuumed. In addition, the front desk staff was very slow while checking in new guests, and not always responsive by answering service calls made from the room.

Giving my opinion after my stay here, I would in all fairness say that the Monteleone deserves at best an average rating, but definitely not any higher!

• Stayed: May 2005
16  Thank Jet7662
Reviewed 28 June 2005

My husband and I spent a couple of days in New Orleans before our honeymoon cruise. We spent two nights at the Monteleone (booked with hotels.com for $99/night). The lobby although small is beautiful. All the employees we spoke with were courteous and professional. The location couldn't be beat. It's a three-minute (if that) walk to Bourbon Street but just off the main tourist area so it's quiet and not as rowdy. Our room was small and didn't have much of a view but had all the amenities we needed. Be sure to stop by the hotel's Carousel Lounge. We went on a Saturday night and they had great live music. I would recommend the Monteleone to anyone staying in New Orleans.

• Stayed: May 2005
15  Thank Bubbly13
Reviewed 26 June 2005

We had a wedding reception at Hotel Monteleone on June 4. We chose HM because it offered so much more than other hotels. The food was absolutely amazing. We had beef tenderloin (cooked to perfection), pasta station, chocolate fondue section, gumbo, jambalaya, 3 cold appetizers, 7 hot appetizers, a great bar selection, and Dr. Jazz & the New Orleans Dixieland Sounds for live music. Cheryl, the event coordinator was very nice and professional and did her job great. The wedding cake was a traditional New Orleans almond flavored cake, it was fabulous. The groom's cake may have stole the show. It was a very rich dense chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries. We had "quiet time" in Cheryl's office for about 15 minutes before we entered the reception so we could eat, use the bathroom, or just have a glass of champagne. Then after the reception they sent a cart of food to our suite so we could eat again. We stayed in the Hemingway Suite which is a penthouse suite with a great view of the city. We also blocked rooms for $99 a night. The rooms were great and some of our guests (including us) even experienced some of the haunted happenings of the hotel- hearing voices and elevators going to the wrong floors. The Carousel Bar is one of the best in the city (just off the lobby) and continued partying there well into the night. Overall the Hotel is one of the best in the city and if you are considering a function I am sure you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2005
15  Thank haida10
Reviewed 24 June 2005

We spent four nights at the Monteleone, June 6-10.
We paid $104 per night for a standard room which was a bit on the small side but beautiful nonetheless. This hotel has the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on! I would love to have one at home!
The Monteleone is in a fantastic location on Rue Royal. We were able to walk to all of our destinations within the quarter in only a few minutes.
I highly reccomend the Monteleone!

11  Thank LSM63