8,656 results
All reviews carousel bar criollo rooftop pool french quarter royal street bourbon street beautiful hotel rooms are small perfect location old world charm beignets street noise mississippi river parking garage jackson square mardi gras garden district
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Just stayed there and enjoyed my visit. Would definitely stay there again. You can't beat the location and the building is gorgeous. Love the roof deck pool with a view of downtown. Rooms were comfortable though small, which is to be expected in an older hotel. My only small complaint is the walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors if they're loud.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Hotel Monteleone is a very classy place, they exude southern hospitality, they can't do enough for you and they are very well adapted to the wild Bourbon St. and it's effect on their guests. The decor is grand, the rooms are great and they even have a ghost. The bar is real treat, although the drinks are pricey the vibe tends to be happy, upbeat and friendly. During one of my frequent visits to the bar I heard a band practicing and noticed they were playing Louie Prima songs, I asked the bar tender who they were and he told me it was Louie Prima's daughter, I went over & spoke to her for a few minutes about her dad's music, she was very accomodating and friendly, it really made my day to speak to her. This place is a little pricey but if you want to stay near Bourbon St. but be out of touch with the street crowd when you go to bed, this is a great place. PS, did I mention that the bar slooowly rotates while you are sitting there, great touch.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pompero F
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Aside from the room being very small, the hotel's location was excellent. About the corner of Royal and Bourbon street
. With the abundance of small eateries and bars in the area, we did not eat in the hotel. The lobby was impressive, marble floors all over.
However, if you plan to stay more than a couple of days, I suggest to go for a better, more expensive room. Pedi-cabs are a convenient manner to get around.
Review a picture of the before committing.

Room Tip: We had the least expensive room, at $ 160.00 per night. The room was very, very small, one little desk' one straight chair, one queen bed, closet, bathtub , shower, comode, wash basin. one night stay is OK. And if you have to stay one night, request a picture of the room, so you know what you are getting into.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rav9092001
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The lobby area was outstanding! The rooms and bathrooms were average. A lock on the bathroom door would have been nice. We reserved a room with a view of the river 3 months in advance but for some reason when we arrived they said there weren't any available so we settled for a view of Bourbon St. I'm guessing the more important clientele received the river view rooms. The parking price of $30 is crazy but I knew the price ahead of time and being in the middle of New Orleans parking is a valuable commodity and besides Earl was super friendly. The pool was nice and clean and all of the pool staff was really nice. The location of the hotel is probably what I liked the most about it, well that and the fantastic lobby.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed at the Monteleone from 7/4-7/10. Very clean, wonderful location. Staff is courteous and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012