“Great variety”

Ranked #40 of 389 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Based on our observation, the majority of the folks here are locals. My word of advice would be take a bus, streetcar, etc to get here if you are coming from the French Quarter.

All reviews
"claude"
"bird"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I used to visit the St. Roch Market when it was a Seafood Market, now its a nice multi use restaurant space with various vendors, you will love the old architecture and the selection of food is great.

1  Thank LA-Traveler70043
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This place had some delicious food.... They had the biggest oysters I've ever seen... The crab cakes are so delicious and the marinated crab claws are one if my favorite dishes... the people are very friendly and the establishment appeared clean and neat!!

1  Thank RoslynM
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It gets very busy at lunch, so make sure if you come with a large group to go early, although there was plenty of room at the tables outside for our large party! I love the great variety they have. There's a delicious Asian Cajun place called Koreole, some yummy Haitian food at FriTai, good old salads and sandwiches at Good Bird, and a yummy bakery as well as a bar.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We took a Lyft from our hotel on a Sunday evening not really sure what the experience would be like. It was incredible.
There are different vendors on either side of a rectangular hall and tables and chairs in the center. Some, like the bar and the oyster bar, also have stools. Everyone was friendly and helpful and patient with first timers. My wife picked up a glass of Prosecco at the bar and we sat at the oyster bar where she got a dozen raw oysters and I had a shrimp cocktail plus an iced tea sold at the oyster bar as well. My shrimp were buttery and sweet, and totally better than the shrimp one gets in my hometown. Then we got the Bao sampler from the Vietnamese vendor. Wow. These were pillowy soft yet firm white buns enclosing what my wife described as an explosion of flavor in her mouth. They were beyond good. We got shrimp, pork belly and chicken but there are about 10 choices all of which are mouthwatering. Next I got an ear of Mexican Street corn from another vendor that topped any one I have ever eaten before, and I have enjoyed elote many tines. We finished with ice cream, honey lavender and cookies and cream from the pastry and dessert booth. It was one outstanding dish after another and very much worth the taxi or streetcar to get there. It is several blocks from the end of the streetcar line to the St Roch market and while it is probably safe, especially in daylight, we felt it was worth a $6 Lyft to get dropped right there.