“Best margaritas!!”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
“Best margaritas!!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The shrimp tacos and the filet tacos were great. Also, the table side guacamole they prepared for us. The margaritas were the best we've ever had!!! Pineapple, cilantro and lime, and we ordered them TOP SHELF. Delicious!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Great Margaritas!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

After more than 20 trips to NOLA, I finally made it to El Gato Negro. I had a Pineapple-Cilantro Margarita--just amazing!! The food was also fresh and tasty, service very attentive. I'll be back ASAP. The outdoor seating has a view of deliveries to the French market, but you are in New Orleans, and it's all good.

Visited January 2012
Richmond, Kentucky
“Truly a wonderful experience”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

What service! What food! What more can I say? The quality of the food here was second to none for those wanting some Mexican flare in NOLA. Not to be outdone, however, was the service. They checked up on us frequently, but did not do so overbearingly. The place was clean even though it was super hectic! I cannot give this place enough credit. Truly a jewel. Oh, and if you like salmon, try their char-grilled salmon. It was delicious. Oh, and order a Blood of the Devil margarita if you want a little bit of spice in your drink!

Visited March 2012
Montpelier, OH
“I can't stop going”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I think I came from Ohio just to come here and have a Pineapple, Cilantro, Lime Margarita. We stop here probably three times during our stay in New Orleans. We ate twice. The food is ALWAYS good and the drinks are even better. You MUST stop here for some great mexican and margaritas. Order table side guacamole also. Very tasty!

• Visited February 2012
Asheville, NC
“Great Mexican, nice break from the typical”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Having been in New Orleans for five days, we were looking for a break from cajun/ creole food. The food at this restaurant was amazing, perhaps some of the best Mexican food we have ever had. That is really saying something as we grew up in Southern California, traveled to Mexico on many occasions and also lived in Texas for two years. My wife had the enchiladas and I had the tamales. Both were wonderful. Even the beans and rice were extremely flavorful. The service was very prompt and friendly. We would definitely return.

• Visited February 2012