“First meal in Nola! ”

Ranked #64 of 2,083 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Grey little place. Friendly staff. Food was great. Buns for hot dogs very sweet. Fries seasoned like curly fries. Great music playing .great little joint!

1  Thank curiouswitch

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great lunch today at Freret St location. Last visit a few months ago was average as reported here. To management’s credit they followed up with me to learn of my concerns......a sign of a great and well run business!
Kendrick, took our order after explaining all the great sausage and dog offerings. He was well versed on the menu and very helpful.
We had a gourmet hotdog and a Guinness brat. Both were excellent.
Staff was busy but attentive. It was a beautiful spring day and the outdoor seating was very pleasant surrounded by olive trees and well groomed colorful annuals.
Kudos to leadership for caring about customer feedback.

1  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had a hotdog there about a year ago and it was delicious. I decided to try a burger this time and it was so delicious that I had to have another before I left. Everyone in my party enjoyed their dogs. The chili cheese fries were delicious also.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Will definitely have to stop back by here on our next visit. Just happened in on our way out of town and decided to have a hurricane. Someone HAS to tell me what kind of rum they use there. I never wanted that beverage to end. Will definitely need to stop in on our next visit to eat and drink.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We discovered this place a bit by accident as we walked on Magazine, one of my favorite walks in NOLA, though my son, who grew up in Louisiana, seemed to have heard about this small local chain of hot dog stores.

There isn't much to say about the menu - basically variations on hot dogs & some other combos involving chicken. The sandwiches are tasty as are the extras, like fries. The place looks cool and has a nice vibe to it. And the service team has a really positive attitude. The waiter (whose name I didn't write down - a dark haired, bearded guy), noticing that there were conflicting emotions going on in my daughter's mind as to what to order as a side, was kind to ask: "from your heart, how do you want your fries, young lady?" Nice touch.

If I were in town again, I think I'd possibly go out of my way to go to one of their locations, though I ultimately thought that, for the size sandwich we got - which for me was certainly not big enough - it wasn't a cheap experience.