“great pizza”

Ranked #34 of 2,092 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed 6 April 2018

why would you ever go to a nice restaurant and order pizza? Because it is simply fantastic. I'm sure the other dishes are equally great, but the pizza is terrific.
the place is definitely pricey for the dishes but it is very good.
wait staff was a little lax - even when we were seated at the bar....

1  Thank 2005-travel-lover

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

After being turned away at nearby Bacchanal (21 and over policy...misclassified as a restaurant since it’s really a bar that serves food), we headed straightaway to Paladar 511. The front staff welcomed us warmly and offered us a comfortable booth immediately. Server made great suggestions, atmosphere was hip and comfortable, and the food was outstanding. Enjoyed the Little Gem salad, the Tuna Crudo, the crab agnolotti, the artichoke and spinach pizza, the San Marzano Pizza, and the coconut panna cotta. Courses could have come out more timely. But food wise, all superb. Thank you Paladar 511.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Starving as we were for Easter dinner - we were seated promptly at our reservation time and then rather ignored. I hate commenting about Service for I know it isn’t the restaurant as a whole at fault - however, we were the third party to be seated and the entire staff was a witness. We were even told to place our entire order at once so as to help move things along - I’m sorry, perhaps we would like to order at our own pace as we reserved our slot and plan on relaxing with YOUR wine and even order an extra dessert or two? I suppose not then.

Despite the unfortunate service (which I hope you avoid), the food truly was remarkable. We had the cheese plate, which was delightful in every way, and each ordered an individual pizza. My mother commented that the sauce was a tad underwhelming and unoriginal, but I enjoyed the artichoke and onion combination on mine.

Overall, it’s most definitely worth a stop for the food but you risk poor service... Good luck!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I went to P511 on recommendation of our B&B. We were seated quickly. The restaurant is attractive, with good ambiance. Service was prompt and professional.

Maybe we were oversold, but it was my impression that on this night the food was a little too "cutting edge." The three color salad had a surprisingly and unpleasantly strong lemon character. The Papardelle noodles similarly were intensely peppered. I like lemon, and I like pepper. I love New Orleans dining, and I'm not a food snob. Sadly I left a good bit of my meal on the plate. That's a bad thing at the P511's price point.

When we left there were people waiting for tables, so my evaluation might be uncommon.

This place has promise, and I would be happy to return and try again. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing on the wrong night...

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We had a wonderful family dinner here. They made a vegetarian dish for my daughter and the appetizer of grilled asparagus with pea shoot pesto and burrata was outstanding. Great service and the food came out quickly. It's off the beaten track but very close to Frenchman street. Worth the walk.