Maison Perrier
Columns Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Alder Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Avenue Plaza Resort(New Orleans)
  • Pool
The Pontchartrain Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Prytania Oaks Hotel(New Orleans)
View Hotel
All reviewshonor barmagazine streetgarden districtother guestswine and cheese hourfresh fruithot breakfastbed and breakfastcharles streetcarwelcoming hostsfrench quartersafe neighborhoodhome away from homeb and bfront porchquiet streeta wonderful stay
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Tom & Patricia who run this guest house could not have been more welcoming or friendly. The house is lovely with lots of character and charm in a residential area. - . Garden District where it is located is beautiful and feels like a taste of the old South as seen in movies - loved sitting on the porch in a rocking chair with a coffee in the sunshine! Our room (Lillian) was huge with a small sitting room and the biggest bathroom I have ever seen! Bed was very comfortable, room well decorated and there was plenty of storage space. Breakfast was choice of coffee or tea, cold cereals, bagels and juice plus a set hot option each day e.g. french toast and bacon, scrambled egg and 'biscuits' - all of it delicious. Nearby Magazine Street is a 6 mile shopping heaven full of delightful boutiques, antique shops and coffee shops. We would definitely stay again and wholeheartedly recommend it. The St Charles Street streetcar is a few mins walk away which takes you straight into the main centre of N.O. Cabs are easy to get too and not expensive

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I stumbled upon this bed in breakfast by accident on trip advisor while I planning my family vacation to New Orleans and boy I am sure glad that I did. This place is amazing and perfect for a travelling family. I have a seven year old and even he was impressed The food was perfect (They went out of their way to make sure that the food was safe for my son who has a allergy to nuts) the room was clean and very spacious (we stayed in Kate and there was plenty of room for all four of us). Tom and Patricia were the best. We were never steered in the wrong direction and Tom booked us into the best restaurants. Tom even helped us narrow down what we really wanted to do and booked our tours for us with the best companies offering them. In other words, if you are planning a trip to New Orleans and are looking for an authentic place to stay with tons of southern charm don’t delay..

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank staylor10
Reviewed 9 February 2011

What an amazing place! My boyfriend and I stayed here over Halloween weekend 2010 after travelling by car from LA. I just fell in love with Maison Perrier. We stayed in the Claudette room and it was beautiful - old 4 poster bed, fantastic bathroom and our own wee balcony. Cooked breakfast every morning, where we could sit with other guests and meet some new people. The wine/cheese meet and greets at night were great as well. We arrived on my birthday to a free beer and chat about New Orleans with Tom. The best hosts you could ask for, Tom and Patricia. Absolutely made our trip, I can't say enough about how good it was!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I had been planning on writing on Maison Perrier for a few good days, but topsy-turvy of life prevented me.

My family of 4 – wife, 17-year old son, 8-year old daughter and I – stayed at Maison Perrier because of all the positive comments here on TripAdvisor and I’m elated to say that we were totally satisfied with the experience!

From the get-go Tom, the innkeeper, responded to our doubts and made us feel welcome – he’s by nature a great host. His wife, Patricia, keeps things going, too, and their small team make the house tick – or rather, houses, but the fact that we stayed in an annex building, which I hesitated about at first, was ultimately no problem at all.

I can be very wordy, but so that I can move on to some other of my myriad of activities, I just want to make sure Maison Perrier stays close to the top of options for travelers to New Orleans who, like me, love this tool called TripAdvisor. I cannot compare to other B&Bs in town, but to us it was a perfect home-away-from-home. What are the highlights?

- Location, location, location – one of the absolute key points of any hotel. Walking distance from some great eateries on Magazine Street and to St Charles and the streetcar and just in a perfect area to be in.
- Already praised the hosts and team, but, as people had written, Tom knows New Orleans – I discovered he’s not from there originally, but absolutely no matter.
- Breakfast! Just can’t compare it to those at the other very good hotels we stayed at – none of those match the breakfasts of good Brazilian hotels. Though the Maison Perrier is not a mega-buffet breakfast it follows the maxim quality over quantity and one other aspect of a life well lived: creativity. Congrats to Mr. Mike, the “head-cook”, and Patricia!
- Honor bar. Where else can you get Abita Beer for US$ 2? And always available?
- Games for children (and adults) – my daughter and son just had a great time in the living room and in our room and played with only half the games available. And I thank Tom in special, because I know he invested in some new games just before we arrived.
- Just wonderful rooms – had the Kate suite – everyone comfortable, as said before, felt like home-away-from-home.
- Great to have NY Times and local paper instead of USA Today.

I possibly forgot some other important detail. Of course, as perfection is something to aim for, I would just like to recommend 2 little things:

- Consider changing mattresses – though not bad at all, we slept well, but it was really too squeaky (I think I read that somewhere here before) – I know it’s big investment and to be fair, I didn’t mention it during the stay, but it wasn’t anything that could be changed and it certainly is just a small thing compared to the big picture.
- Much more difficult to do, but would be nice if, in the suite, toilet and shower were separate, as are sink and rest of bathroom already.

Once again, though I make no money whatsoever for this “free publicity”, but I really urge those who are going to New Orleans to give this inn a very serious consideration. I was a hotelier for almost 10 years, have traveled quite a bit over the years and definitely this was one of best stays ever! Memorable in the most positive way! Hope to go back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Looking for a place that has charm, personal service, and off the beaten path? Masion Perrier could be what you are lookinhg for. The owners Tom and Patricia Schoenbrun are very personable and will make every effort to ensure that your stay is what you want it to be. Be sure to have breakfast when the cook/chef Mike is there. His cooking is great!. We stayed in a suite that had ample room, an oversized bathroom, and a sitting room. The location is near the Garden District and is only a few blocks away from the trolley line. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family