“Cozy and Comfortable”
other travellers have booked this property
We have a new couch and have painted.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
We have a new couch and have painted.
living room with full size futon & smart TV
Front door, parking in front driveway for one car
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jennifer...
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Cozy and Comfortable”
Reviewed 10 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed over Memorial weekend at this house. The neighborhood was ok, but our first Uber driver advised us not to walk around at night...? A little unsettling to say the least. The house was as expected. A little more "comfortable" than the pics show, but it had lots of character. The patio out back was extremely small and there wasn't enough seating for the whole family. That being said, the beds were comfortable and the house was kept perfect cool. I never sleep good on vacation, but I slept like a baby here.

It says in the ad that the house is close to a trolley stop and it was was somewhat close; however, when it's 96 degrees outside, walking a few blocks to a trolley stop is agony for someone from Michigan. Also, if you are looking for a place near downtown or the airport, don't stay here. It took a very long time (an hour) to get to the trolley stop and take it downtown. An Uber is more expensive but saves time. There are a few restaurants and a grocery store within a few blocks. We did walk to some kind of little "downtown" area at night and all was good! The neighborhood seemed to be fine. (I guess don't always listen to your Uber driver)

All-in-all, it was a pleasant stay. I will say that I will not pay that much again for a house that was that far from downtown New Orleans. *****BE FOREWARNED*****I was very disappointed in my security deposit return timeline. It said in my email it would take 10 days to get it back, when in fact, it was 10 days to process it and another 10 days to get it back. We are still waiting for it....

Some tips about what I learned:
- Learn the trolley routes the first day, if you are going to take the trolley everywhere. This house takes the St. Charles line. Map the route with Google maps and watch to make sure you know where to get off.
- No "New Orleans" type restaurants or bars are open on Sundays! We got stuck and it took hours to find somewhere to go to eat near our house. We ended up at the Mellow Mushroom eating pizza. (Which is awesome, but not what I wanted to eat in New Orleans.)
-Bring lots of money. New Orleans lets you walk around with drinks so I am not sure about the rules, but if you can bring your own drinks when you walk around down there, it's cheaper.
-Choose your tours carefully. The cememtary tour is a necessity if you want to go to the cemetary because you have to have a guide with you at all times. The other tours are less walking and a lot of talking. It's hotter than h*ll in New Orleans and if you like standing around in the sun while your tour guide yaps for a half hour about people that don't even live in the houses you are standing by, then skip the tours.

I apologize if there are misspellings....it's been a long day and this thing doesn't have spell check.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The character of the house
Liked least: The distance to town and airport. The return of my security deposit will take 20 days and that's too long!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Jun 2016
Thank you for posting such a thorough review of New Orleans. We agree that NOLA is quite warm in the summer months, Welcome to the South Y'all! Clarification on the security deposit: that is controlled by TripAdvisor--not me. Just want to make sure anyone reading the review totally understands this is not within my control nor do I ever have access/contact with security deposits. The house is in Uptown New Orleans which is 4 miles from the French Quarter. I'm glad you discovered that the neighborhood is safe (Uber driver comment?) and enjoyed some of the nearby places. The streetcar is 2.5 blocks away. When taking it to the French Quarter, you go through the Garden District and Downtown area before the French Quarter stop. It's a nice ride to see the beautiful architecture of New Orleans but for repeated trips some might prefer to Uber/Lyft to the Quarter. I will make sure I note the New Orleans style restaurants which are open on Sunday in the helpful guidebook that is in the house. There are plenty that are close by. So glad you slept well in the house. New Orleans is such an old, beautiful place and this 100 year old house exudes the charm and comfort of our wonderful city. Thanks again....we hope you enjoyed your trip!
Curtis J
“Excellent Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We loved this 2 bedroom home! Decorated beautifully and spotless. Plenty of room to spread out and relax including a peaceful cozy back patio.

We stayed 7 days for our daughter's Tulane graduation. The owner was very helpful, and is also a fabulous caterer we used to host a small graduation celebration in the home.

Easy walk and access to S. Carrollton Street Car. Lovely to walk along the tree lined local streets. Amazing restaurants within walking distance.

We want to come back and stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Jun 2016
Thank you for the review. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation. What an achievement! We would love to have you back!!
deetheblu...
Houston, Texas
“Nice change of pace in New Orleans.”
Reviewed 10 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Nice and clean condo, owners were very friendly. The beds were comfortable. Location was good, lots to do without going into the Quarter.

Your age range 50-64
11 Jun 2016
Thank you for the review. We love where we live too! Glad you enjoyed it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 150
Night
Week
Month
Book instantly, without waiting for the owner to respond.
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing