“New Orleans Vampire Tour”

Haunted History Tours of New Orleans
Ranked #72 of 243 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: These tours will take you through New Orleans' freaky past, from voodoo to ghosts, all with an offbeat, theatrical presentation that makes it fun.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

10/10 Would go again. Lisa took stories that would be interesting by themselves and enthralled us with her presentation and passion for the topic. My only complaint is that there isn't an eight hour long version of this for my wife and I to go on tomorrow. I personally don't like history tours and usually just follow my wife around on them, but this was just so well done that I couldn't help but love it. Best tour I have ever been on. I even spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to leave this review because everyone who might have any interest in this should experience Lisa's performance. At the end of the tour, my wife said, "I wish she had a history show on TV. I would watch that."

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)
All reviews
"tour group"
in 35 reviews
"lafayette cemetery"
in 51 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 38 reviews
"ernie"
in 146 reviews
"ghost"
in 355 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My mom and I are huge on these tours wherever we travel. Well tonight was tops! We had Toast as our tour guide, and let me tell you, he is an AMAZING guide and from what we gathered, a great person too. He was knowledgeable and passionate about all aspects of the cemeteries and is a great storyteller. But what sold me was his tour segment on Katrina victims and the history of Charity Hospital and hauntings. I would take every tour with this company and you should too!

1  Thank Mandy R
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Krystin was amazing. I highly recommend this tour. Very animated and informative. Passionate about the history. We had a great time.

1  Thank lglantzis
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great information from the persepctive of someone well versed in HISTORY as well as RUMOR, MYTH, Legend and Lore! Good local insights. Perfect way to spend the afternoon!

1  Thank Kj P
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We did the cemetery tour with Daphne. It is not a "haunted tour" and doesn't pretend to be. Daphne is well-spoken and quite knowledgeable about the history of New Orleans in general, and the cemetery and Marie Laveaux in particular. Her delivery was intelligent and sprinkled with humor. We met at Reverend Zombie's and made several stops on the way to the cemetery where she talked about the (European) origins of New Orleans as well as the fact and fiction surrounding Ms Laveaux (you'll be surprised!). Definitely worth it.