“Great classical jazz”

Fritzel's European Jazz Bar
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Get there about 30 min early to get a good seat but there is no cover and a one drink minimum. The music was excellent. We staying for several hours and would go back again. Also easy to get to on Bourbon Street.

All reviews
"mardi gras"
"jazz"
in 270 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

There is an Absinthe's Speak Easy upstairs that we were told about and given a password to obtain entrance after 8 o'clock PM. It's small, has couches and a nice bar. They grow their own wormwood; Red and Green. You can enjoy authentically served drink or watch; it's a show in itself how this drink is made. I'm not a fan but my son and daughter-in-law went and called me to come in. I was lucky; wasn't charged the $10 cover to get in. The Absinthe's drink is $20 a piece. I enjoyed being here, it was quaint, comfortable and we could hear each other talk.

1  Thank Vinnie1973
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Came to Fritzel's on the recommendation of a local. We got there at about 8:45 PM before the show started at 9. Grabbed a drink and we got second row seats!! There is NO cover here which is amazing so my boyfriend was sure to tip the band. Super old school and rugged type of place. We stayed for 2 sets and it was a highlight of our trip! Definitely go if you want to go to an authentic New Orleans Jazz club

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great place for jazz. They only charge drinks . The musicians are amazing. Try to get there early. The band start playing at 7.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have travelled 5 continents and over 50 countries over the years. My hobby is travel photography and videography. I was having a beer at Fritzel's European Jazz Bar around 9:45pm on 3/26/18 and taking photos of the band and the decor of the bar. To my utmost surprise and dismay, I got approached by the band's bass player and out of the blue got accused of taking photos of the waitresses buttocks, of course, he used a profane word instead which Trip Advisor won’t let me quote here.

I was so shocked by this uncalled for insult, but instead of stooping down to his level and insulting him back, I assured him politely that he was wrong. I immediately offered to show every photo I took with my camera to the obnoxious bass player to prove my innocence. He declined to see it with the words "I don't believe you" and asked me to go elsewhere. That sounded like a veiled threat to my well being should I have decided to stay.

Of course, no apology was ever offered for such unspeakable and uncalled for obnoxiousness.

How pathetic and insecure are these waitresses and how poorly mannered and low class is this member of the band that they would have such shocking and baseless accusations against a customer who did absolutely nothing wrong and even offered to prove it by immediately showing all the photos I took during my visit?
The world doesn't revolve around them - they shouldn't flatter themselves - there are a lot more interesting things to photograph in New Orleans than their pathetic insecure behinds.

I suggest if you don't wanna end up insulted like me, take your business elsewhere until the management of Fritzel's properly trains their staff and musicians to treat paying customers with respect.