Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 133
USD 117
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 204/night.

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 127
USD 112
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 171/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 137
USD 129
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 210/night.

USD 138
USD 132
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 172/night.

Dauphine Orleans Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 127
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 181/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
USD 188
USD 179
roomertravel.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 284/night.

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 142
USD 138
Courtyard
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 177/night.

USD 173
USD 161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 207/night.

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 122
USD 116
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 158/night.

USD 180
USD 172
Priceline
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 232/night.

All reviewsmagazine streetfront porchgarden districtboutique hotelhighly recommend the henrydistrict donutsprytania streetfrench quarteruber rideold mansioncoffee and juicethe penthousehigh ceilingsst charles streetfloor to ceiling windowshotel is beautifulsouthern charm
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I can't say enough about the staff at this place. Although everyone my wife and I encountered provided excellent service, we mostly interacted with Max and Monica. Both Max and Monica exuded hospitality--it oozed from their very being. The little things they considered made our visit to the Henry Howard a first-class experience--from the tour reservations to the chocolate chip cookies to the jazz music in the room, and so, so, so much more--and you won't find any affectation of charm with those two. They are genuine as can be (no sales pitch, no contrivance, no awkwardness). They're full of valuable information, too. If it was up to me, both Max and Monica would receive a promotion and a raise. Stat!

As for the hotel itself, it's quite comfy and uniquely decorated, although the walls are a bit thin. But if you want to escape the madness of the French Quarter and still have access to great restaurants, shopping, etc., book yourself a room at the Henry Howard. The French Quarter is only about two miles away, anyway, so a ten-minute taxi ride is all it takes to get you there. Better yet, save yourself some money and experience New Orleans from a unique perspective by taking the trolley. You can catch it over on St. Charles, about a block or so from the hotel, and you won't find a better transportation bargain (you can buy passes online and just show the trolley driver the tickets from your phone).

My wife and I usually opt for Airbnb, but we decided to try something different this time. We have zero regrets. Whenever we next visit New Orleans, we will definitely book a room at the Henry Howard, and we've already recommended the hotel to our friends (and will continue to do so), in no small part because of Max and Monica.

Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Even if it's a bit more money, book a room on an upper level to avoid the noise of people's footsteps during the night.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Shirley K, General Manager at Henry Howard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are proud to represent The Henry Howard Hotel by providing authentic unrehearsed hospitality to our guests. We appreciate that you are recommending us and hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I had the most wonderful stay at the Henry Howard Hotel. I was in town for business, but flew in a day early to experience New Orleans on my own. The customer care I received was superb. The property and hotel are absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed having a nice drink relaxing on the rocker on the front porch. The rooms are also really cool and definitely have that southern charm. Monika at the front desk was AMAZING. She not only took the time to learn more about why I was in New Orleans and what I was looking to see, but also went through many tour options with me until we found the perfect fit for me (high speed air boat swamp tour -- SO MUCH FUN). I told her I was interested in coming back in the Fall with my husband and she was kind enough to even give me a quick tour of the property. She went above and beyond for me and because of that, I plan on returning to the Henry Howard this fall. Would highly, highly, highly recommend to other travelers.

Room Tip: If you can swing the price, book a room with one of the front balconies. So incredibly dreamy.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Courtney B
Shirley K, General Manager at Henry Howard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for your amazing review ! We are so glad to hear that every aspect of your stay was positive and that you appreciated our quality of service. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Met up with my college roommates for a weekend in New Orleans and stayed in the Apex Suite of the Henry Howard. The hotel is really quite special, with a grand room downstairs where we congregated for cocktails in the evening and coffee in the morning. The rooms are generously sized and the Apex Suite is fabulous — with three bedrooms and two baths. We enjoyed having the space to ourselves and could talk into the wee hours without disturbing other guests since we had the third floor all to ourselves.

The location was perfect for getting around easily by Uber, without dealing with the crowds in the French Quarter. Only one block off St Charles.

If we had any complaint, it would be that our checkout process was not easy — our room charges were billed upon checkin to the first credit card to arrive, so we had to settle up between us even though we had been told we could pay separately.

The staff is young and eager, but not prepared to handle issues. This is the only reason I could not give it five stars.

All in all, it was a great stay and I recommend the hotel as long as you don’t mind paying up front.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Maggie F, Owner at Henry Howard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Michelle,
Thank you for your fantastic compliments. We are glad that you enjoyed the Edward Conery Suite and had a great time with us.
We are sorry that your checkout experience was not up to your expectations and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We only got to stay here one night, but we wish it could have been longer. This is a luxurious property and it has the best of old and new. It's an older building which has been redone to an extremely high level, and it is immaculate. Everything about our stay was perfect!! We will definitely recommend it to all our friends and try to stay here next time we are in town!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Maggie F, Owner at Henry Howard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the HHH! We love that you noticed our blend of old and new decor and appreciated the renovation the property underwent in 2015. We look forward to seeing you when you return to visit Nola!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a long weekend after attending a conference in the city - what a good idea it was to change hotels and stay in this beautiful place! I had a Queen Superior room, and superior it was: gorgeously designed in a modern way and mixed with antiques. Convenient little touches such as a multi-USB plug on the nightstand and recommended meals to order from Uber Eats with whom the hotel have partnered for in-room dining.

The hotel is in the Garden District, and the serene feel of the area provided a much appreciated break after staying near the bustling French Quarter for the 6 nights before my stay at the HHH. The historic St Charles Streetcar station is just a couple of minutes walk away though, and connects to Canal St in just about 15min.

Max and Andrew were the two staff who were around during most of the day and the evenings, and took care of the bar. Informal and keen to provide help or info on surrounding area and/or restaurants, both were great hosts.

Very much enjoyed my stay, and would book again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy that you appreciated the design mix and that our staff helped to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit.