“Excellent food and service!!!”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe, French Quarter
Ranked #110 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: New Orleans favorite Breakfast & Brunch spot serving your breakfast & brunch favorites every day of the week! Whether it's one of our signature benedicts, our bananas foster french toast, or our New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp & Grits, we focus on high-quality ingredients served up with flair in a fun & inviting atmosphere. And remember, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The food is absolutely amazing here!!! I had the shrimp and grits, my children had a chicken and a seafood dish. We shared a bananas foster. It was a lil pricey but we have to splurge sometime right?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The Ruby Slipper is right next door to The Saint Hotel. We were in New Orleans for 2 weeks and we dined here for both breakfast and lunch on numerous occasions. The brisket eggs Benedict was mouth watering and the burgers were great. I would highly recommend this Cafe. It was busy on the weekend but truly worth the wait. The staff were pleasant and curteous.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Great food NOLA food and a super friendly staff. Eat here once and you'll feel like you've made new friends. The kind of place that's hard to leave.

2  Thank LinkedGolfers
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Convinced 3 work colleagues to follow the great rating of TripAdvisor which had never let me down. What a disappointment and who has been rating this place? First, no sweet ice tea available, only syrup to be added to regular ice tea. Second, asked whether fries are home prepared. Answer: nope, come in frozen. Third, chose breakfast potatoes instead. Problem: they had indeed been prepared early in the morning, even though we ate lunch at 1 PM. Forth, 2 of the 4 main dishes were served lukewarm at best. Fifth, none of the dishes looked appetizing, instead coming straight off a production line. I had the Reuben, my colleagues had BLT and shrimps on grits. Last, overall atmosphere clearly said "we are here in the French quarter, this should be enough".

1  Thank DerReisende89
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I'm not usually impressed by breakfast joints but this place is outstanding. I got the Bloody Mary and the Chicken St. Charles. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Resort589526