“Little Gem with the BEST Muffaletta!”

Alberto’s Cheese & Wine Bistro
Ranked #24 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 29 May 2017

My husband and I stopped by Alberto's while strolling through the French Market. We ordered a Reuben and a Muffaletta. Both were outstanding! The corned beef in the Reuben tasted lean and flavorful, and the sandwich had the perfect balance of ingredients. The Muffaletta was the best I have ever had in NOLA. The lady at the counter told me the olive salad was in-house, fresh-made, using extra virgin olive oil. It tasted amazing! The sandwich was not too bread-y, which is often the case with Muffalettas. It was toasted, flavorful, and drizzled with olive oil. I enjoyed my Muffaletta so much that I ordered one for the trip home to keep in the freezer and enjoy later. I have already prepared the itinerary for our next trip to NOLA in the fall, and Alberto's is definitely on the list. Can't wait to return!!!

3  Thank Mouse63

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We discovered this on a food tour - we went back twice in our three day visit! The muffeleto is the best in the city - the owners are SO wonderful, friendly, helpful, adorable!

I recommend this as your first must stop foodie place.

1  Thank Coree C
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Excellent cheeses and sangria. We had trouble deciding which cheeses for our cheese platter so we asked the proprietor to pick her favorites...best idea ever! The blue cheese from Germany was the best we ever had and the others were excellent as well. I had the red sangria and my wife had the white...so good. We thanked the woman for the great cheese choices and she took the time to write down the names of the cheeses for us.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent sandwiches and Muffelatas. Thoroughly enjoyable. Would definitely recommend for a meal in the French Market.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful area. Wasn't even hungry but had to try. This was a fourth of sandwich and we split it. You better be real hungry to get the half. Delicious!