“Awesome dinner”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I’m a new orleani who moved away ( 7 generations- I come back multiple times a year). Katie’s is a standard favorite. We had a wonderful dinner.. and the martini rocked !

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Amazing food but a little on the noisy side. They do have some tables outside. Very busy with long lines.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Homey local vibe. Very pleasant wait staff. We both had redfish, which was excellent. Don't miss the Katrina plaque, which is on the side of the door when you walk in, it shows the water level when they were flooded.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Again, looking for a place with Cajon/Creole influence and chicken strips for the kids, this looked like a good bet...and it was! I’d never had a po-boy or a muffuletta, but this was and excellent place to change that. The kiddos fell asleep in the car on the way, so I went in and ordered food to go. The barkeep was very sociable, and knowledgeable. He made me feel right at home. The food was FANTASTIC - even by the time we got back to our hotel. I’d never eaten a sandwich that big. The barkeep asked if I wanted a half or whole muffuletta, and I said, “let’s go for a whole!” Silly me. We only needed half. The building was beautiful and after reading the story of how they rebuilt after Katrina, I’m so glad they did. I might just take them up on their offer for Sunday brunch.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

A friend of ours recommended this restaurant to us and it did not disappoint! Excellent New Orleans-style food. Had crawfish frittata and Eggs Benedict.