“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I heard about Katie's on Diners, Drive-in's and Dives. We decided to have dinner there on our first night in New Orleans. The exterior & interior decor was very nice. The hostess & waitstaff were very friendly and helpful. My husband loved the Gumbo and his meal. I ordered the Roast Beef Po-Boy. The bread was delicious but the Roast Beef wasn't to my liking. It was ground up like hamburger and the taste reminded me of those "steakums" I had as a kid. Other than that everything else was great! I would definitely recommend going. The food is fresh and properly prepared.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

So we were in New Orleans for a couple of days before going on a cruise. We decided that we were going to try and visit a couple of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives restaurants while in town. We found Katie's not too far from the French Quarter, you would still need to have a car or take a cab to it. It is in a neighborhood with homes, we almost missed it. Our waiter was very good. I ordered a shrimp Po boy and when it came the shrimp were cold. I told the waiter and he immediately went to the kitchen and waited until they made me a new one. It was just a matter of minutes and my sandwich was piping hot. Everything else came our great and the food was great too.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Super staff with a menu that contains pizza, burgers, and full meals. Get there early to get a good seat, inside or outside. We all had great choices and the service was prompt.

The sheriff outside was great and took care of us when we arrived and departed.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Had a business meeting for lunch. Friendly service and very knowledgeable of the specials and the menu. Had the fried catfish with dirty rice and etoufee. It was the best I have had in awhile. A little off the beaten path but well worth the trip

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on a Saturday night around 6:45. It was pretty busy, especially with the LSU game on. We had no trouble getting a seat though and the service was attentive and quick. We ordered a 1/2 Muffuletta and it was plenty for 2 people, a 1/2 was HUGE! We also had a 1/2 salad and a BLT Wedge and that was great too! Every dish that passed our table looked wonderful. The service was great, the food delicious, and the price was reasonable, we'll be back!