“Best Po-Boys in the French Quarter”
Review of Johnny's Po-Boys

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 15 October 2015

This place is so cool. Just the kind of little hole in the wall that I love to find. Shrimp po-boy can't be beat, and the red beans and rice are yummy. I go almost every time I'm in New Orleans.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,196)

Reviewed 13 October 2015

Johnny's Po-Boys was right down the street from the hotel we stayed in (The Omni Royal) and was a great place to eat for breakfast and/or lunch. New Orleans is very pricey in the French Quarter, so it was great to have a place near the hotel that served good food at a reasonable price. My husband and I could split a $7 egg & cheese po-boy for breakfast and be satisfied. At other restaurants in the area, you could wind up spending 50 bucks for breakfast! Unfortunately, there was a small fire in the kitchen at Johnny's Po Boys on our fourth day in NOLA, so we only got to enjoy Johnnys for a few days. I heard they were back up and in business again, though.

1  Thank WeirdNJ
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This place is bare bones. Nothing fancy. You stand in line to order and you'd better be fast. But it has the best Po boys in town. I love the fried oyster and or shrimp PO boys. Dressed of course. But the debris PO boy is over the top good. Debris is the left over meat and drippings from a roast of beef. Yum!!! Heads up though. It closes at 4 pm so don't plan dinner there.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

The Alligator Sausage Po Boy was on point. It was simply delicious and a great start of our day in the French Quarter. The gumbo was too spicy for my liking, but if spice is your cup of tea, then you will love it. Know what you want before you get in line because the joint gets packed pretty quickly and the staff moves fast, so be ready with your order.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Nothing beats a local recommendation, especially when that recommendation is bang on the money. These were our first Po-boys and by far, the best, we'd tried during our epic US roadtrip. They are big sandwiches, so if you only want a small bite to eat then maybe grab a date and share one. My husband and I put our stomachs to the test and ordered a shrimp Po-boy and a catfish Po-boy. They were quick, fresh and all kinds of tasty, and we ate every last bite (and were so full that we skipped dinner). Honestly folks, get involved at Johnny's for your proper dose of Po-boy.

1  Thank Jean B