“Fried catfish is delicious!”

Joey K's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #120 of 2,122 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 25 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was the first meal of our 5 day stay. The people were friendly and we were seated fairly quickly. After sampling a few of the local beers we ordered the fried seafood platter (shrimp, oysters and catfish) and the all you can eat catfish. The shrimp was good, I didn't care for the oysters (it was my first time trying them so not their fault) but the catfish was the standout. Perfectly fried and melted in your mouth! (The tarter sauce was really good, too.) The hushpuppies were also pretty tasty. Fries are fries, nothing special there. I did notice a lot of people had ordered the Italian dishes on the menu which looked very good, but I can get good Italian food where I live and wanted NOLA cuisine. There were many locals there (including 4 police officers) having dinner which is usually a good sign. If we went back I would have gotten the fried chicken. Kind of bummed we didn't get back that way to try it.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Right on Magazine Street and much bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Food is good and the service is great.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were looking for someplace we could drive and park and came upon this cute cafe type place. And they had some great cafe cooking, but I had the eggplant neopolean and it was fantastic!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

They have really good lunch specials. There was enough food on the lunch special to split between two people followed by the best bread pudding I've ever tasted.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic NOLA food in old world building with great wait staff. Can eat outside if you like. Best red beans and rice in town. Busy most of the time so try it off hours. Good for groups of eight or less. Jambalaya was a little fishy for my taste but still good. Great variety of selections with daily specials. You'll love this place.

1  Thank WCT57