“Disappointing”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Royal Street
Description: For 50 years The Rib Room has enjoyed its reputation for outstanding food and service. Patrons have found the massive windows facing Royal Street the perfect backdrop for Crescent City dining. The woody, Old English atmosphere and high ceiling invite guests to sit back and stay awhile. The softly lit and equally comfortable Rib Room bar offers the ideal setting for sophisticated beverages and extensive wine cellar selections. In the restaurant's wine cellar, diners requiring privacy may choose from the "Pipkin", "Wine Cellar", or "Roundtable" rooms, perfect for small gatherings; each discreetly removed from the main dining floor. On the upper level of the Rib Room we feature a private room for groups up to 40 guests. Winner of the prestigious Zagat Award, The Rib Room offers classics such as slow roasted prime rib of beef, aged steaks, fresh Louisiana seafood, and champagne brunch on Sunday.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The service was sub-par. The food was so so. In fairness, manager apologized. Disappointing because we had heard good things and it was so less service oriented than the other restaurants that we visited.

nicole s, Manager at Rib Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello CdnTraveller2Go,

I would like to personally apologize to you for your experience in the Rib Room. We appreciate you choosing to dine with us & would look forward to hosting you again in the future. We take our reviews seriously and your feedback will be used to ensure this does not happen again. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further.

Nicole.shelton@omnihotels.com

Reviewed 30 March 2018

What a beautiful location and if you just need a break from the hustle and bustle of NOLA you can find it here. Superb service, excellent food choices. Great drinks and atmosphere. Many but not to many checked on us to make sure our every need was cared for. We need a break from loud street life, but from the windows of this location you will not be missing anything. Nice surprise.

nicole s, Manager at Rib Room, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We are glad you we able to enjoy the Rib Room menu and location. Please come back and see us!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The wife and I decided to stay near the hotel we stayed at. Someone suggested the Rib House. It was definitely a nice surprise to find out that the food was excellent quality. I had the steak and my wife had the prime rib. Both were cooked to perfection and were flavorful. We also had the crab cake and that was amazing. I am glad we dined at the Rib hpuse.

nicole s, Manager at Rib Room, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello Bill-Veronica,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review! We are glad you were referred to us and had a wonderful evening in the Rib Room. I will pass these comments on to our team. Please come back and see us!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Hugo was attentive, kind, and made excellent recommendations. Him alone, would make us go back. Great for a romantic evening out. Very intimate and business casual attire. I had a perfectly cooked filet mignon, I asked for medium rare, and it was correct! It was high quality meat, it felt like it would melt in my mouth. I didn't even have to use a knife and it did not require any additional seasoning. The bread was delicious and so was the asparagus. We also forgot a piece of art that we did not realize until we were at the airport and they expedited it to Austin. My husband is also a vegetarian that doesn't like cheese and they were able to accommodate his needs. Overall great experience.

nicole s, Manager at Rib Room, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hello Shi,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We value Hugo so much and he will be delighted to read your kind words. I'm so glad all aspects of your Rib Room experience surpassed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We ate dinner at the Rib Room our first night in town. The way it was advertised was different than it is in person. I had expected something above and beyond, or at least equal to, a Mortons or Ruth Chris'. The decor is getting a bit tired and the food is so-so. My wife and I each had the prime rib which was very good except for the amount of salt they use to season it. Way too much... and I love a well salted steak. The portion sizes are very generous. Even the "petite" is larger than one might expect. I had the medium size which was more than I could finish. Watch the horseradish sauce though as it's VERY hot! Almost like wasabi hot! The stuffed baked potato was on the cold side but still very good. The salad was delicious. The service was very good.

Our next visit was for breakfast. My wife ordered the bagel with smoked salmon. Again, a very generous portion of salmon, and she really enjoyed it. I ordered the breakfast Po' Boy which consisted of scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon on a Po' boy roll. It arrived, at best, lukewarm and was tough to cut. Couldn't cut it with a regular dinner knife. When I was finally able to get the waiter's attention to ask for a steak knife it took him forever to get it to me. I ended up picking the sandwich up and eating it by biting into it. By that time the entire sandwich was cold. The knife arrived just about when I was done eating.

It's too bad this restaurant can't get it together so that it matches the great experience we had a their hotel, The Omni Royal Orleans.

nicole s, Manager at Rib Room, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to share you dining experience with us. I apologize we did not meet your expectations during every trip of yours in the Rib Room. I will pass this on the to appropriate managers to ensure this is corrected for the future. We would look forward to the chance to serve you again!