“very disappointing”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had high hopes for this restaurant but were sadly disappointed. I don't know how it got such a high rating. It looks nice both inside and out. The menu looks decent. Unfortunately they were out of two salads that looked particularly good. I had the crawfish pie which had very little flavor in the gravy, not much crawfish and all hidden under a thick layer of melted cheese. Not sure what kind of cheese as it was nondescript. Other diner also had food that was just so-so.
Nice waiter and the prices are not out of line.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My boyfriend and I stumbled into this restaurant as it was very near to our hotel. We enjoyed it so much that we came back again the next night. Farm to table fresh ingredients make up the seasonal and ever changing menu. They offer great prix fix choices. A true delight!!

1  Thank singlemomoftwins
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great food at corner of Dumaine & Dauphine (2 D's intersection). The locals eat here, this is a small New Orleans style restaurant that has been a great find off the tourist trail. You can bring your own wine. Great service. Excellent deserts made in house. Good for date night or friends gathering. I eat here at least once or twice each time I visit New Orleans. Fair good pricing compared to other choices in NOLA. P.S. I am a thrifty traveler and appreciate value for price.

1  Thank Glenn J
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Basically a chef's menu that is FABULOUS. Was able to accommodate vegan request with delectable outcome. Highly recommend. We will be back.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted something different than the standard Cajun fare and I overheard a pedal cab driver pointing this place out to his fare as an excellent place for dinner. So we looked up the menu and were enticed by the three-course prix-fix option, the roasted stuffed bell peppers, the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp and butter bean soup. To make what could be a longer story shorter - they were out of the chicken and dumplings (my plan B), and only had one pepper left, but the waiter helpfully suggested the trio option, which came with one pepper and included the soup I wanted. But then - that pepper somehow went missing too. I opted for the BBQ shrimp, which was very good, but somehow wasn't available (or at least offered) as part of the prix-fix option. So I enjoyed what I got - the salad was good with a nice light dressing, the bread was soft in the middle and with a lightly crispy crust - but it wasn't what I wanted.
The service was friendly, casual and prompt, the atmosphere is cozy but classy.

1  Thank vlc_12