“Good Sandwich”

Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Good sandwich, premade, looks like they make them wrap them and leave them by the cash register. Nice olive salad, good amount of meat and cheese on tasty bread. Lots of typical Italian deli products, pasta, olive oil peppers etc. Craving an Italian sandwich, check this place out.

1  Thank travelpigOntario
Write a ReviewReviews (2,696)

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The original New Orleans muffuletta was delicious! If you don’t like olives, this sandwich isn’t for you. But it’s a perfect lunch to split with 4 people, and for $20 you can’t beat the price.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Instead of an excellent was because we DIDN'T try the Muffuletta sandwich. We were just to full from our last stop 15 minutes before. So, I guess we have to go back and try a sandwich there. Neat old style grocery with an abundance of products to buy.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I didn't mind waiting 30+ min. in line inside because it was a 95-degree day and they had the A/C and fans blasting. That said, that was the highlight. They had a nice young guy at the counter, but the old guys beyond the counter looked like wise guys straight from central casting.

I came in because they say they are home to the original Muffaletta. Well, was it pre-made or freshly made? They don't show you. Judging from the bread, it sure was dry enough to be from the original sandwich. But I did appreciate the huge portion, which I finished all by myself after all the energy expended from walking the French Quarter during a heat spell. My guess is they use that dry bread is because it won't get soggy when it's pre-made.

1  Thank 467debbyk
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped at this place for lunch after hearing a recommendation, and it totally paid off. The muffuletta was huge and really delicious. We shared one muffuletta between four of us and were mostly full.