“Busy with a line waiting to get in. Was worth it! ”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #128 of 2,082 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 1 - USD 25
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Lively New Orleans-based chain offering oysters, po' boys, gumbo & other Cajun-Creole classics.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Dined on a Wednesday night. It was a 30 minute wait outside at 7pm. Once we were seated service was outstanding and the food was excellent. I recommend the grill charred oysters. So darn good.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,016)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The line was long for dinner; so we ended up doing brunch the next day. The oysters were fresh and the sampler platter was good.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I just ate at this hotel there is usually a long wait to get in and once you were in it is very noisy. My wife and I had the gumbo, which had very little seafood. We also had the chargrilled oysters which, we’re different from any other ever had before. We also have the combination plate with red beans and rice, Sausage and jambalaya. All in all, I have had much better Cajun food. This restaurant seems to rest on its location. I guess the food is fun if you are a tourist and you don’t know better. But, I would not return.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband had oysters he said they were very good. We both had the peace maker Po boy sandwich. It was fried nice and crispy not over cooked or greasy.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I really wanted to go to this restaurant- but the lines were always so long, we skipped it and went other places. Lines ranged from 40-100 people every time we tried and we went at different times of the day-late morning, lunch time, mid-afternoon, and late afternoon. Nothing is worth standing in line for 30-60 minutes for.

Been to Acme Oyster House? Share your experiences!