“best cannelloni”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed 27 October 2015

this is a small room upstairs over a bar. it is a very cozy and unique setting.
do get the cannelloni (crabmeat , sausage and spinach , cheese and spinach);
all of the choices are delectable. i love this place!

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Cash only, reasonably priced, with a nice wine selection, so bring real money!(or use a nearby atm) The house dressing is awesome, which says a lot because I usually skip dressing on salad. It's the best caneloni I've ever eaten. The sauce is exquisite. I don't eat fish, but the ocean sauce is among my family& friend's favorite. They finally started serving tiramisu! I haven't had it yet because I'm usually too full for desert, but I plan to get it next time I go. Service is not always 4 star, but the ambiance, personality& flavor is well worth the wait! Only draw back for some is that it's upstairs with no elevator. I've seen some creativity to get people up there in the earlier days, but I haven't been as much in recent years. I have seen food brought down to a handicapped man in the bar but I don't know if that was something that was arranged in advance or not. So if you have a wheelchair, call ahead. *Get there before you're hungry because there's usually a wait!

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We were there early.....arriving at 5 on a rainy Sunday evening. We were dry under the adjacent bar's awning...but that would be uncomfortable for more than 10 people max. We got in on the first seating and had our pick of tables. Our waitress was very pleasant. We had the mussels (very "fishy") and the escargot ( better). We had the rack of lamb and the veal chop with Ocean sauce ( the better of those two dishes ). A three course meal w/2 glasses of wine was $133. We had been to Restaurant August the night before...3 courses and a glass of wine each was $189. I" d say for money spent it wasn't bad.....but for three courses and drinks, our tab at K-Paul's Louisiana iKitchen was $159 and it still remains our favorite restaurant in New Orleans.

1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 25 October 2015

We had intended to get here early so we could avoid the wait. But there was supposed to be a breast cancer benefit fashion show on Fulton St. It was to start at 6PM. After sitting there from 5:30 (so we could get a front row seat) until 6:45PM, we decided that we had better go eat dinner. When we arrived, we were informed that it would be a 45 minute wait. So back down to the Apple Barrel we went. But there were no seats and no inside room to even stand so we went outside. I think the area to the right of the bar and restaurant must be the local outside toilet for the local homeless because it REEKED!! Almost enough to ruin your meal. But we waited it out and were finally seated. Our waitress was very efficient and gave us the evening specials. A few minutes later, I had decided on the pan-fried veal with Ocean sauce and my fiance ordered the lamb. He loves lamb and I do not so when he can have it out...good deal. Both dishes were wonderful!!! The veal was nicely fried with a crunch in the crust and covered with the sauce...YUM!! His lamb was perfectly seasoned and cooked. We will be back!

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Located above the Apple Barrel bar on Frenchmen St in New Orleans, Aldolfo's is a hidden gem! Not the most updated interior but the decor is eclectic and funky as you'd expect in NO. Wait times get longer the later you go. We went around 5:30 and were seated in ~20 min. Just enough time to have a drink at the bar. The food was fantastic! Authentic and delicious. We had grouper with ocean sauce (cheesey shrimp, crawfish, & crab) and rack of lamb in rosemary mint brown butter sauce...wow!! No kidding my eyes literally rolled back in my head with every bite. Whatever you do while in NO, make time for Adolfo's. Oh, and cash only- ATM on premises.