“best place on frenchman”

The Marigny Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Marigny Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: In an eclectic neighborhood called the Faubourg Marigny, there are plenty of things to do...Shop, listen to live music and, of course, EAT! One place that you don't want to miss sits on the corner of Royal & Frenchmen Streets: Marigny Brasserie & Bar. That's us! We are a local favorite that "feels like it's your place" the minute you arrive. Our menu has a lot to offer, serving fresh seasonal ingredients prepared to order. We serve up tasty specialty drinks, have local beers on tap and an extensive wine list at very competitive prices. Come hang out with the locals on Frenchmen Street for live music, great dining, socializing and people watching. Come see what a New Orleans Neighborhood Restaurant Feels Like!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

ended up here 3 nights out of 4, primarily for the music. They 3 bands that we saw were a little quieter than others and they players had great talent. Always talk with the band members between sets!
Food was good. Anything you get will be fine so just pick randomly according to your mood. The wait staff is great. prices are reasonable.

Phil R, Owner at The Marigny Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks so much 2005! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My first time dining here. The gumbo was luke warm and not much flavor which seems to be the standard through out New Orleans unless you dine at Emeril's. We also came for the wild hog burger which was no longer on the menu and they were out of thier pecan pie. I was not as satisfied as I have been with some of the other dining location in New Orleans.

I am so sorry Bob. We take pride in our food and hate that we let you down. If there is anything we can do to make this up to you, please let us know. You can email at pryan@kfkgroup.com.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Frenchman Street is a non-raunchy alternative to Bourbon Street. Lots of music fills the air and tourists are plentiful. Near the end of this line of eateries stands Marigny. They have a full menu of food but we stopped in for some Cagun music and drinks. The visit did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere social. Enjoyed this interlude.

Thanks Nocke! We are thrilled you had a good time in our restaurant and on our street! We like it here too!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stumbled upon this lovely place after spending too much money on an appetizer and a beer down the street. We had been starving, so live and learn...anyways this place really fit the bill. Live music was great; service excellent and food very good. Shrimp and grits were delicious and my husband said his fried catfish was really good. I finally got to try a Sazerac--turned out it really wasn't my kind of drink. Our waitress offered to try to fix it up to my taste, but I was really done drinking for the night (lightweight). We were dressed very casually and had no reservations and it did not matter one bit. I liked the mix of people in there---there seemed to be a lot of champagne drinking so it was fun and festive.

Phil R, Owner at The Marigny Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

That sounds great nomorebake! We are glad you found us and that you had a great time! We hope we can see you again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We picked this place because it was just down from a place where we were listening to a great Dixieland band. When we entered this place they had a deafeningly loud blues band playing. We almost left but got a table in back. The next disappointment was that they were out of oysters and it was the oysters on the menu that brought us here. My husband did the shrimp instead which was just OK and VERY spicy which was not described on the menu. The gumbo was good though I was surprised to find an entire half of a crab floating in the bowl. Not much meat on it but awkward to negotiate. Don't think I'd go again unless there is nothing else available on Open Table.

I am sorry that we were out of oysters. We try to keep only the freshest ingredients and sometimes we do run out. We cook the crab in the gumbo. We feel that they "sweeten" the gumbo and we add both lump and claw crab meat in.

I hate that we didn't live up to what we expect out of ourselves and if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, feel free to email me at pryan@kfkgroup.com.