“Nice little restaurant ”
Review of Dante's Kitchen

Dante's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Dante's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 1,996 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Cross street: Leake Avenue
Transit: 2 Blocks from the St. Charles streetcar line where it meets Carrollton. Get off at the very next stop (at Maple Street & Carrollton) and walk two blocks down Maple Street towards the river until it intersects with Dante Street. We are at the end of the street where Dante meets Leake Avenue.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We are visiting New Orleans and made it to Dante’s kitchen because of the reviews. Thanks guys. The restaurant lived up to our expectations.
Had a wedge salad and pork belly on rice. The rice was the best I have had in a long time. We even got the secret recipe that I can not share with y’all.
Giving it 4 stars because others in my party had the Farm fresh soup and looked a little to naked and they said the flavor was not too grand either.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The seafood combi w clams, crab claws and misc seafood had a wonderful flavor. Server was attentive and knowledgeable. Great menu choices with some less traditional and interesting flavors in a dishes. Would definely go back. It was not.loud like so many restaurants. That is a major plus. Tables are not squeezed together and we could not hear the tables on either side of us.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This compact and cozy restaurant has an impressive menu. We enjoyed the crab and brie french toast for an appetizer and saw several other items we would have loved to try but unfortunately it was already our 4th meal of the day (This IS New Orleans).

Then I had the seafood hot pot which had great coconut milk and lemongrass flavors and my son had the trois mignons which had great sauces.

Unfortunately there was no room for dessert but we wish there had been.

The service could have been a little better but the food was definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This was our first visit to Dante's Kitchen. We selected them based on the recommendation of a family member, as well as the fact they offered a marrow appetizer that sounded more than a little interesting. Making reservations was simple, and done online (We did get a reminder text message 24 hours in advance) There is no off-street parking, and the location is a bit 'out of the way', but neither were serious issues, since we had early reservations. By the time we left, parking would have been more of a challenge. The setting is a very lovely, old, converted home. The interior was nicely done. It was comfortable and very unassuming, but unique enough to be entertaining and interesting. Wife ordered the escargot/marrow appetizer, with the redfish on the half shell entree. I took advantage of their 3 course ($35.00) dinner special. I ordered the shrimp and grits appetizer, trois mignons entree, and chocolate pecan pie. The quality of ALL of the dishes was outstanding, and the presentations were simple but enticing. The size of the portions (which can be a concern in many of the mid/upper range restaurants today) were VERY substantial. My wife was very well pleased with both of her dishes.........from presentation to value to quality. All three of my courses were also outstanding. The shrimp and grits were the best I have ever had, and the range of flavors offered by the trois mignons preparation was outstanding. The chocolate pecan pie was also wonderfully done. Just another couple observations....... The pacing and timing were awesome. We had 6 PM reservations, (driving in from out of town, we always aim for early reservations, to allow for travel issues) we never felt rushed or pressured...........and yet, we were done well before 7:30. The wait staff were attentive and very engaging, but never allowed their presence to be distracting. We've had the good fortune to have enjoyed many wonderful meals....at many wonderful locations........across the country and on cruise travels, and our experience at Dante's Kitchen was outstanding. As my 'title' states, we had very high expectations for Dante's, and they exceeded them, and made my wife's birthday dinner a wonderful memory. We were well pleased, and look forward to returning again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is my third trip to Dante's and it continues to be consistently good in all ways. Located in the quiet Riverbend area, it's a nice diversion from the more crowded parts of the city. The food is great and the staff has always been helpful and friendly. We plan to return soon.