“Just plain wonderful”

Pascal's Manale Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal's Manale Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Transit: You may hop on the St. Charles Avenue streetcar to Napoleon -- it's a few blocks away (stop #24 three blocks south of restaurant).
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We realized mid-meal that we should have ordered the barbecued shrimp, as it is their specialty. Nevertheless, we had an excellent meal. One of the specials was a Caprese salad prepared with Creole tomatoes, which have no center core and are only available a few months out of the year. It was delicious! Next we enjoyed Veal Piccata and Veal Marsala, which were also excellent. Another added plus to this restaurant is the bar. The cocktails were outstanding!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This quaint little place was the highlight of our meals here in New Orleans. The food was the best! It is a fusion of Cajun and Italian. I ate the scallop dish (and it was deliciously spicy). My husband ate the BBQ (I have never seen shrimp that big) shrimp. It's a quaint little corner building full of history. The wait staff were phenomenal. Don't forget the deserts! We all shared mousse, key lime pie and bread pudding. All were amazing!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Pascal's Manale is a legend in New Orleans without being anywhere near the French Quarter. In fact it is on Napoleon Avenue a few blocks from St. Charles in a mostly residential area. But the food is wonderful, especially the shrimp. While it is called BBQ shrimp, it has nothing to do with barbecue. It is heavenly jumbo shrimp cooked in lots of butter, spices, wine and other things that make it a joy to eat. The shrimp are huge, still have their heads and shells on them and are a mess to eat, but no worries, they provide much needed bibs. The bread served with the shrimp is scrumptious and great for dipping in the sauce. I live in Arizona but have been to Pascal's 4 times in the last year and a half. After writing this review, I am thinking about planning my next visit!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

i was recently on a trip to new Orleans and this restaurant was highly recommended to us we were really looking forward to dining there. we entered the restaurant and was greeted by the rudest hosts that I've ever encountered and after she seated us she left and us and another couple were the only people in the dining room the waiter brought us water and took our drink order he was a ver nice person. then the hostel came back into the dining room she wasn't done with us i guess, she told me that the owner had a last minute change of plans and would be dining there that night and apparently i was setting in his favorite chair and would have to move, that was the last straw for me from this horrible person me and my wife got up and left we met the waiter at the entrance he asked what was wrong we told him what had happened, he just apologized and we left .i will never recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

So many dining options in New Orleans. Hadn't been to Manale's in years. Around twenty of us in a private room. Turtle soup appetizer just average. Always loved the BBQ shrimp and wasn't disappointed; nice portion of large, firm, well seasoned shrimp with french bread for dipping. Can be messy so a bib is supplied. Bread pudding dessert was very good. Service was first rate. Didn't sample the oysters at the raw bar this time but they've always been plump, salty and excellent.