“Best meal in NOLA”

Brennan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brennan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner. Acclaimed Chef Slade Rushing's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings. Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I read all the hype and went in thinking there is no way it's going to live up to it but it truly surpassed the rave reviews. The service is absolutely amazing it left you wanting for nothing, the friendliest and most attentive staff I've ever experienced. The barbeque lobster was a dish you shouldn't pass up. Steak Diane had an incredible table side presentation with flavor to match, melt in your mouth goodness. Ended with Bananas Foster which was a great way to end our meal. We went to Commanders Palace a couple of days later and now wish we would have returned to Brennans a second time instead. Bravo

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,444)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after the carriage ride for appetizers and dessert. My wife and sister love Bananas Foster, So why not have it at the place where it originated it! They both said it was the best they ever had! Made tableside as they tell how it was invented. Also the bbq shrimp was amazing! Our waiter even brought us some complimentary samples of lobster cappuccino! A must try, vintage New Orleans establishment! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Brought an 16 person group from two Arkansas universities to Brennan's for flamed Bananas Foster in their courtyard. They set up two stations and did it right. Very impressive!! $160 before tip--very doable on a budget. Dinners are pricey here but desserts are reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank abscfs
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our reservation was timely - 1:30 on Good Friday. Many people were wearing Spring/Easter outfits so even more colorful than usual. We were seated in the courtyard and enjoyed perfect weather conditions. Eggs Hussard were most enjoyable. But, the four of us splurged and had not only had Bananas Foster prepared tableside, but also fresh strawberry crepes. Decadent and delightful as well as an overall entertaining and pleasant experience. If you are going to New Orleans you have to have Brennan's on your reservation list.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to eat here, our first night in New Orleans. Let me get straight to the point ....Ughhhhhh ....Brennan’s wasn’t good at all, such a shame. Wine was heavily pushed, I really didn’t care to know you have 17,000 bottles of wine in stock, I didn’t want any, no thank you. Then it continue ...the disappointments... the appetizer (average), the entree’s below average. ( the Redfish was over cooked). No, no, no .... fish should never be overcooked. My son french fries were hard. Who gets french fries wrong ...especially in New Orleans, not the pom frites. We always get dessert and we didn’t, we just wanted to get outta there. We went and bought giant candy apples at Mister Apples for desert and thank goodness, they were delicious . Brennan is simply below average food. I hate wasting hard earned money and that is exactly what I did, $$$$....whaaaaaa, I wished I knew better. ( I want my money back) If you’re looking for a whimsical decor, take the Fantasy Disney cruise, one of Brennan’s dining room resembled it exactly, the only thing, their food was worth the money. Stay away from Brennan’s it’s a high price tourist trap, BARF, try another French Quarter Restaurant, there’s so many more.

1  Thank CruzfromPhilly