“Some of the finest Italian Food in New Orleans”
Review of Venezia Restaurant

Venezia Restaurant
Ranked #392 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Venezia has not really changed since the 1960's, although it has been renovated and has new furniture.
The menu and food are unchanged and remain excellent. The red sauce is not too sweet and is some of the best I've had in years.
The portions are huge and most entrees come with a house salad.
The chicken parmigiana is one of the classic popular dishes (one order will feed several) and comes with pasta.
Don't let the neighborhood turn you off. The restaurant is one of the police favorites and most of the time there are numerous uniform police eating lunch.
This is a great restaurant and should not be missed if you are in the neighborhood and wanting a great Italian meal.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This is one of my sons favorite restaurants so we went here for a birthday dinner on a Sunday afternoon. We were a party of eight. We had multiple orders of apps and 2 bottles wine. Orders were a mix of filets, osso buco and veal dishes. We did it al, with a tip, for $50 per person.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have been going to Venezia's all of my 60 years. Whenever two New Orleanians are talking about dinner, one will often say, "Hey, how 'bout VeNETzee-uh's?" And then the deal is sealed.

1  Thank Teltrabb
Reviewed 10 November 2017

The food is always yummy. The service great and a fun atmosphere. We went to celebrate my birthday and it met my expectations! Food is abundant so I had left overs for the kids.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

SO we are staying across the street in a house we rented and the owner suggested this place, after a nice relaxed day of shopping downtown we decided let’s grab a pizza n do a down night . Walked over, place was busy but not like crazy busy - the girl says 15 min wait, takes my name. My husband says can we wait out front on your benches? She says yes . 15 min comes and goes and several parties both large and small - I go back in to time check , oh yeah yeah they just have to bus these tables ... ok ..go back to waiting . Another 15/20 min goes by so we said forget it ... we walked across the street ordered a pizza and sat outside to eat . We ordered, ate and paid. We never once saw anyone come out of this place to see what happened to us. So, where did my name on the list go? Great way to treat people , I would think restaurant 101 would be get your patrons to a table .

2  Thank zoeyv68