“Yum”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Ordered shrimp, tongue and ribeye tacos and they were perfect. Service is extremely quick and friendly. Great college town fare and perfect quick feed for families. Don't miss!

Reviewed 25 May 2016

we used to go to that restaurant in 2005. Very pleased to find it again, same menu with numero uno, numero dos etc....tasty mexican food for a good price.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

With it called a taqueria I walked in thinking it was a taqueria; it's really not, it's a restaurant. But hey, that's okay. I was pleasantly surprised with the food. First, the margarita was excellent , but a bit small. Strangely, chips and salsa are not freely placed on the table, but must be requested and charged. We decided to go with the guacamole and chips which were just okay. The guacamole needed lime juice and salt. We ordered several different tacos and all very good! We had the carne asade, pulled pork, tongue, chicken, and shrimp. All, except the chicken, were seasoned very well. They definitely reminded me of the tacos I've had in Mexico (and in real Mexican restaurants). The beans were very good, the rice just so-so. Pico de gallo (I think it was their salsa) also was good. Service as prompt and not intrusive. Oh, $2.75 for a soda was a bit overpriced, even with free refills. Overall, a pleasant experience. Next time I want to try their ceviche!

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Three of us had dinner here. My daughter had several complaints --- too much cheese, not that good; my husband wasn't impressed. I thought it was okay.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

I've picked up from Taqueria Corona about 3 times now. It's our go-to spot for take out Mexican. Admittedly, we haven't found a lot of good Mexican restaurants in Uptown. Go figure.

We order mostly the fish tacos which are respectable. In fact, it's the only taco that we have liked from Taqueria Corona. The carne asada is pretty pathetic. The tortilla is decent, so they are halfway there. But the meat is dry and not well seasoned. So the saving grace of TC is their fish tacos. My cousin who recommended the place told me not to waste my time with anything but the fish tacos. He's an idiot, so of course I ordered other stuff. Turns out he is a genius. Only the fish tacos are good. And they are just good, not killer. They have a respectable few thick pieces of unknown fish lightly battered and served under a spicy tarter sauce. I'd rate them a 3.5/5.

The people are nice and food is reasonably priced. Stick with the fish tacos and you should have a very decent meal.