“Very good!”

20:00
Ranked #70 of 1,872 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 25 - USD 45
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere and great food. Get the creme brûlée!! It is the best I've had. The vanilla bean gives it just the right amount of sweetness.

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a reviewReviews (5,517)

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely old building. The service is really good. The food and dessert are delicious, good portions, good for kids.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 29 April 2016

My wife and I had planned our New Orleans Trip 7 months ago. I had major by-pass surgery in April 2015 followed by stent placements in Dec. My wife is also a Breast Cancer survivor. Several years ago we were in New Orleans celebrating our 5oth Wedding Anniversary at Muriel's. A great meal experience comp. sparkling wine with our meal great service withour exception. This visit for our 54th anniversary, expecialy after the above health scare we felt this would even be more special. However, we were in for a very RUDE awakening. The server,Travis, never mentioned our anniversary, until we said something or the specials that were being offered. He did mention those specials to other people and when I confronted him his reply was, they are nothing special about them. We never was offerd any Champ. or Spakling Wine as before, and when I mentioned to the manager, he informed that they have had a change in policy managemt regarding anniversary celebration.
In the past when I selected the two course lunch offering it included the Turtle Soup. This time the server when I asked about the Turtle Soup with the selected two course offering he said it include only the soup of day, but would give me the Turtle Soup. When the bill was presented there was an UP CHARGE for the Turtle Soup.
I then Spoke to the Manager Michael and he was invassive about the whole situation.
I then confronted the server he became LOUD RUDE and OFFENSIVE. My wife and I are Seniors and I feel this rudeness was attributed to that.
I will on any future trips to New Orleans NEVER consider MURIELS. There are TOO many options available. When managment changes a policy they should weigh the costs behind their decisions.

Date of visit: April 2016
4  Thank tgbader62
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Right off Jackson Square. This was a great meal. Simple, perfectly prepared dishes, great service in lovely rooms. When you're feeling the overindulgence of Cajun calories and spice, Muriel's is a welcome respite. Make a reservation and enjoy a guilt free, delicious break. Tomorrow is another day, yes?

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Best shrimp and goat cheese crepes!
This place is located in Jackson Square, and has a great menu! The cocktail menu is extensive and the atmosphere is NOLA!

Ask to see the secret room!

Date of visit: February 2016