“Sunday brunch”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #29 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 30 - USD 80
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Made reservations for Sunday brunch months in advance. We got seated in the patio. It was a tad cool but they did have some heaters available. It appears they have lacked their dress code. My husband and I were dressed in a suit and dress. However, those around us were people in jeans and barely dressed enough for an Apple Bee's. We didn't have any jazz until our desert showed up. That was very disappointing. The limited amount of music we had was good and fun. Food was good and large portions. Service was on point. They do a good job with their service. I wish there had been more music and wish we could have sat indoors. I guess there will be other times. The brunch is a three course menu. We also ordered sides of crab and bacon. Way too much food. The three course, four cocktails, the sides and a coffee the bill was around $150 before tip.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,746)

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Prepare yourself for an exquisite meal served impeccably by a superior wait staff. Our most recent meal here was a dinner. Party of two. Both of us began with cocktails which were served with a warm & airy garlic bread. Then the demitasse cups of three soups (turtle, chicken-andouille gumbo, cauliflower with Brie). Followed by the CP version of Caesar salad (in-house made bacon instead of anchovies) perfectly dressed with a light in-house Caesar-type dressing. Entrees (with wine) whitefish in a delicate meunière sauce (fabulous) and broiled white shrimp over a deliciously seasoned purée and sauced in a duck sauce reduction (unmatched flavor). Dessert: Apple cobbler with maple iced cream and the famous CP bread pudding soufflé...both extraordinarily tasty. All served with perfect timing by informed servers who are formal without being stuffy. We Will ALWAYS return...

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Went for their jazz brunch and was not disappointed! Excellent service and delicious options to choose from! Had the tenderloin and pecan crusted fish, bread pudding and pecan pie for dessert all made in house. Jazz band was excellent as well!

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

If you are a foodie, this is the best food experience u can have for around $ 50 anywhere in the USA. Every dish here is a signature dish & the service is truly world-class (yes I am a foodie & have eaten at some of the better places worldwide). As an example I went for the weekend Jazz brunch which typically sells out weeks in advance but I was lucky to get in last minute coz I was alone & my hotel somehow managed to get me a reservation. I was seated on the upper level but the jazz groups were playing on the main level patio. I casually mentioned to my server that I was a jazz fan & would have liked to hear it too.
Forgot all about it as I enjoyed the splendid courses & guess what?! To my surprise I saw the jazz ensemble approaching my table as I ate & asking if if I had a favourite that I would like to hear!! Now thats service & it’s what makes Commanders Palace one of the finest restaurants in America!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We went to Commander's to celebrate our anniversary with a special treat - it was fabulous! We had a scrumptious salad with an explosion of delightful flavors, followed by duck and seafood. Plate licking good! We splurged on a creme brulee for dessert, and it was one of the best we've ever eaten - crunchy thin topping over creamy smooth custard. Worth every penny!