“Osso Bucco for dinner”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Since 1993, upscale Italian classics draw crowds to our elegant dining room with a piano bar, in the heart of the French Quarter.
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Great discovery. I've eaten numerous times in the French Quarter, but until this visit I did not know of this restaurant's existence. Will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,039)

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We really enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Irene's. Made our last night in New Orleans very special. First class service and great food in an intimate setting. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We made reservations before we arrived in New Orleans and glad we did because at 5:30 the restaurant was filled. The small tables are really close together. Our waiter was superb in checking to see how we were doing and refilling our water glasses. My son and I ordered the Louisiana drum which was a delicious mild white fish with 3 shrimp on top. The corn mixture was unique and tasty. My husband enjoyed his lasagna as well. The pecan praline bananas foster dessert was phenomenal!! We felt the prices were very reasonable. They do not have an extensive menu but what they do have is wonderfully delicious!

1  Thank minnesotans4
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

When in New Orleans this needs to be on your list for dinning. Filet was great. Also if the soft shell crabs are in season get it....it's delicious! If you can try to save room for dessert.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The restaurant was recommended to us by more than one tour guide who worked for Free Tours by Foot, so hankering for a little italian food, my daughter and I set off to find Irene's. We didn't have trouble finding it and we were received very warmly by the host. We did not have reservations but we were a small party of two. We may have been a bit under dressed, I had on walking shorts and my daughter had shorts on as well. They sat us in the back of the restaurant while they prepared a table for us. We didn't wait more than 5 minutes before we were seated. I must admit the menu was small, eclectic and surprising... not many pasta choices! Maybe one and no vegetarian choices for a main course, other than salad and some appetizers. Our waiter, Mike was very gracious and very sweet. He tried very hard to make us feel welcome and offered us some choices that would accomodate our meatless palate. I might have walked out after paying for my ice tea had it not been for Mike. Mike turned an ackward moment unto a very positive experience. We both ordered a salad and then an entree. The service was prompt, the salad greens were fresh and dressing was very good. Our main courses were served promptly after our salad which is surprising due to the fact that the chef literally prepared them especially for us. It was delicious. I must say that I have never had Gnocchi that literally melted in my mouth. It was handmade, cut into well proportioned bites, dense but light as a feather when consumed. IT WAS DELICIOUS! My daughter had a beautiful pasta primavera dish which she really enjoyed too. Now, we like so many others, can recommend Irene's too. What could have been an unfortunate experience became a memorable one due to one waiter's sensitivity and outstanding service. Thank you for saving our dignity! It's the customer service that makes Irene's outstanding and one of the better French Quarter restaurants!

1  Thank Laura P