“Tough Competition ”
Review of Emeril's Delmonico

Emeril's Delmonico
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Delmonico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 60 - USD 80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Cross street: Erato Street
Transit: Streetcar stop at Erato Street
Description: Located on the famed St. Charles Avenue streetcar line, Delmonico, the legendary, century-old institution, is an icon in the restaurant industry and has been a cornerstone of traditional Creole dining since 1895. Reopened by Emeril Lagasse in 1998 after an extensive historic renovation, Delmonico continues today serving a modern style of Louisiana's Creole cuisine with Emeril's warm style of service in a grand setting.
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

New Orleans is arguably the best food destination in America. The city is full of incredible restaurants. Emeril’s is certainly excellent in its own right but it almost seemed somewhat tame/corporate compared to many of the other choices.

The prices are high and the portions are on the all side. Still, I was satisfied with an appetizer, salad and entree. The staff were nice and I appreciated the ambiance

3  Thank DustinKane
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 29 November 2017

From the door man to the wait staff, you feel really special here. The food was good and the atmosphere great. The desserts were marvelous. One of my favorite places in New Orleans now. Great location.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Loved the location. Just a short ride on the streetcar to get away from the busy downtown area. The staff were all friendly and the food was great. My husband really enjoyed the pork dish and we both enjoyed the corn bread. We were too full to order dessert but it all sounded amazing. It was fun to walk through the kitchen to get to our table. A great place to eat.

1  Thank runbikeyoga
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Great food, classy dining room and service. Emeril is a true cook star! Don't miss the shrimp bbq wich is one of his signature dishes, and the boudin balls!!! Also the pecan glazed lamb was cooked to perfection!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I liked the room and the atmosphere – the wait staff is excellent and fun to interact with. The cocktails were also very good and so was the food – all good but not spectacular. Perhaps I had higher expectations – I was definitely not blown away as I have in the past at other Emeril restaurants.
I had the gumbo which was above average but not great It would have been much better if it was served hot – it was served at room temperature which didn’t do much for me.
I had a nice NY strip steak and it was ok – I would say average for a steakhouse but definitely not great. There was no hint of aging or that nice flavor you typically get at an upscale steakhouse. It also had some grizzle which I didn’t expect to find. The sauces were mediocre – after one dip, I didn’t have anymore – certainly not complementary to the steak. My other diners enjoyed their meals – but were also not blown away. The best thing I had there was at the bar – they served sliced sausage and housemade pickles – very good – just wish the rest of the meal matched that quality. When I spend over $700 for dinner for 3, I do expect to be blown away – maybe another time.

1  Thank RR22RR