“Must visit!”

Ranked #21 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've been to NoLa 5 times, and dined here 5 times, this is not enough though. This is a top 5 restaurant for me in the country. Any dish you get, even the chicken liver appetizer is amazing. The fried oyster that comes with each entree salad is a nice touch and every entree I have had is amazing. This is one of the most fun restaurants I've ever been to, happy staff, party atmosphere without the obnoxious people. Long wait..no problem grab a a drink and wait outside. I've had the softshell crab, stuffed redfish, stuffed porkchop, rabbit, quail, most of the appetizers, all unbelievable.

I usually go in a group, but this time I was solo, got a spot at the bar immediately and was well taken care of by the bar tenders.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

What a unique place! We had about four different people waiting on us, instead of the traditional one waiter/waitress. Not a problem for me, as our water glasses were never empty. The staff all wear super casual clothing; sometimes it's hard to tell who's a customer and who's working! The waiter who stopped by to explain the menu was extremely knowledgable and gave excellent recommendations.

This place is pricey, but worth every single penny. To cut costs, we shared an appetizer (alligator cheesecake) and an entree (bacon-wrapped quail stuffed with foie gras) and asked for extra corn bread. Portions weren't big, and prices have certainly increased compared to the menu I found online, but I forgive them because everything was SO. GOOD. It 's fine dining without the snobbery.

This was our last stop in NOLA, and we went out with a bang. I will absolutely return any time I'm in the area. You won't regret a decision to eat here.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Take the long trolley ride out to Carrollton to have some of the best Cajun in town. don't miss the gator and shrimp cheesecake. The mussels are great. Fab fried chicken. Wash down with abita and have fun in the hopping, relaxed setting...it will be worth the ride!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

By far, the best food in New Orleans. Don't let the building scare you off. Go next door to the bar for a good time after eating.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My friend brought her clients there because it is frequently well-reviewed and busy. They waited an hour and when they were poised to be seated, the hostess openly accepted a large bill from some self-important men who jumped the line to beat out the rest of the patient clientele. Need I say more?