“Best ham, brie & fig baguette in garden district.”
Review of Tartine

Tartine
Ranked #393 of 2,105 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We were doing the garden district walks and needed a coffee and lunch. Found this place online. Very thankful we did. Salads, sandwiches on french baguette were vere good. Simple and well executed. I liked their unsweetened homemade ice tea(free refills) I didn't have this, only saw it as I left, but the deep dish quiche looks great.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I went to Tartine after reading many good reviews but my experience was mixed. The food is the highlight. I had the scone of the day--chocolate coconut--and it was really good. Probably one of the best scones I've ever had. I also ordered a slice of the quiche of the day. The crust was very good but I guess I like a more traditional quiche. This one is at least 4 or 5 inches tall with a substantial layer of potato chunks at the bottom. It's certainly a filling slice and a good value for the money, but too heavy for my taste. The restaurant is a mix of pros and cons. It's very cute and relaxed...like being in a friend's kitchen. It's easy to grab a table, read the paper and help yourself to coffee. The downside is that the kitchen is open to the cafe. The morning I was there, something had obviously burned. It wasn't terrible, but the room had a lingering smell of burnt something. I tried to move outside but a chef was busy cooking pork tenderloins on the grill and the breeze was blowing the grill smoke at the tables.

If Tartine was near my house, I'd be happy to go once or twice a week because it's a comfortable place with good food. If I was visiting Nola or looking for a place to meet friends or take visitors, I'd go to La Boulangerie.

1  Thank jaywalker7
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Breakfast is great when you start with one of the quiches, light and fluffy and always with great ingredients. I also love the ham and brie tartine, a wonderful baguette with brie and ham and great fig sauce. I try and get here at least once every two weeks. YUM.

1  Thank Markarios
Reviewed 10 October 2015

I was a little surprised by this place after reading the great reviews. It just didn't seem very clean to us for being a restaurant and I feel bad saying it, but it kind of grossed us out. I ordered an egg salad tartine, which was good, but my husband's lunch had a hair in it and he wasn't too hungry after that. I can't recommend this one.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Wonderful local cafe and bakery near Tulane campus. Small number of tables inside and out (for pleasant days), as well as takeout. Nice, small menu of options, including one flavor of bagel (plain with sea salt) and several scones. Nice homemade jams, too.