“Worth the Drive.”

Ranked #12 of 28 Bakeries in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Here we are in New Orleans for a quick getaway/change of scenery from west central FL. I’m getting more in touch with my vegan son and daughter in law, who are with us and live in Pensacola, so when they suggested we go to Breads on Oak I was willing to, as the English say, give it a go. How smart of me to listen to the kids. The vegan burger was out of this world. The vegan patty meld sublime. BoO is not in the easiest neighborhood to find, and the streets in NOLA could definitely use some re-paving, but don’t let that stop you from this little gem of a bakery/restaurant.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Honestly cannot say enough good things about Breads on Oak. We tend to be "vegan tourists" when we travel, and make a point of checking out many vegan restaurants wherever we go. This was by far one of our favorites....ever! So many delicious choices - the only negative things I could find to say, is they weren't open on Monday/Tuesday so we had to eat elsewhere those days! Our favourites were the quiche, cheesy grits, Boston cream brioche (life changing!),Oat milk lattes and the chocolate chip cookies. The staff were so helpful, kind and patient. Such a great vibe in the place. I would consider returning to NOLA again just to eat here. If Breads on Oak would ever be interested in franchising into Vancouver, Canada...let us know - We'd be interested.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Breads on Oak is vegan heaven! Both sweet and savory dishes for breakfast/lunch. If it’s on the menu they can make it for you whenever. Friendly and helpful people behind the counter, good coffee...and our favorite the maple &walnut brioche, what more could you want! Delicious!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Even if you aren't a vegan or a vegetarian, you have to try this bakery. I was a vegetarian for over a decade. When I finally made the leap to vegan I figured I would be s.o.l when it came to creamy desserts and pastries. Nope. Breads on Oak had me more than covered.

The blueberry brioche with blueberry cream was completely delightful and the cheese grits were incredible. I took a Banh Mi baguette to go and it was delicious, the marinated tofu definitely had a hint of lemongrass and the crunchy veggies with fresh cilantro on a baked-this-morning baguette had me planning my next trip back to Nola. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

we went to have lunch. The menu is eclectic. The breads and pastries have a heavy eastern European bent. My wife had a salad she enjoyed. I had a rempe sandwich which was poorly constructed with mediocre filling, but the brad was good. It is rather dank inside, but that's part of the charm