“Try it out, you would not regret!!!”
Review of Bayou Burger

Bayou Burger
Ranked #330 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Located on the most famous street in town, Bayou Burger & Sports Company offers piled high specialty burgers, stacked hot dogs, a wide selection of local brews and everything sports in an upbeat setting. Bayou Burger is a casual gathering spot for relaxing with friends, refueling and watching the game amid the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street. Relax in front of the projection screen TV and cheer on your team or enjoy the balcony overlooking all the Bourbon street action.
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I had a “The Croquer” the other day, as this Burger was good, they serve a great atmosphere and have TVs all over I stopped by a second time. I wanted to eat something and watch the game. The Bartender recommended “Blackened Fresh Market Fish”, he said it’s good... leg me tell you this, he lied to me!!! This platte was not good at all, it was not delicious... the “Blackened Fresh Market Fish” is f...ing awesome (as the Americans would say)!!! You definitely need to try this, otherwise you missed the best dish in whole New Orleans!!! BTW take the Jambalaya as a side... matches perfect... I definitely comeback guys!!!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018

My husband, cousin and I were in New Orleans in June and in need of a good sports bar to watch some baseball (Angels, Dodgers, and Rays fans here!) We’d already eaten at my choices for the trip (Mais Arepas and Red Fish Grill – both awesome!), so I was game for a burger. We stopped by Bayou Burger for an early dinner and a game; it was quite busy so we ended up at the bar. Great choice! Awesome bartender (sorry we’ve forgotten his name, but I know he had spent some time in Gainesville, FL at some point and we had fun talking about that), really great drinks, and it turns out we loved the food.

We don’t really repeat restaurants when we are on vacation - we typically like to try a new place every night and rarely go for burgers and bar food - but we ended up at Bayou Burger for three dinners on this trip. The burgers are great; although they have some specialty menus on the burger my choice was to build my own. You have numerous choices of buns, cheeses and toppings, and my favorite combo was blue cheese and bacon. Delicious and crisp tater tots are one of the many sides available. On our third trip I decided to deviate from the burgers and tried the nachos – “our house fried tortilla chips, melted cheeses, lettuce, tomatoes, seasoned pinto beans, jalapenos, sour cream and green onions”. Huge, fresh, and delicious. If we had gone back one more time I would have gone for the Cochon Nachos, which include pulled pork and barbecue sauce. Everything I ate at Bayou Burger was delicious; I enjoyed the Super Tots (“fresh shredded potatoes, loaded with pepper jack cheese and seasoned bacon fried golden brown”), but thought they were over priced at around $9.00. All of our other items were good value. My husband and cousin tried burgers and sandwiches the first night, and then went with the Bayou Trifecta the other two nights – “your choice of three … red beans and rice, crawfish etouffee, chicken and andouille gumbo, or our Cajun jambalaya”, served with a big wedge of bread. Good flavor and big portions.

Highly recommended for bar food and drinks, and a great place to watch a game; we’ll be back to Bayou Burger the next time we are in New Orleans.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We didnt really go to this place for a great meal, we wanted a place to sit down, relax and enjoy the atmosphere below. We did order food and drinks. Red beans and rice, roast pork and spinach salad were all very good. They were not top notch, however everything balanced out nicely and we enjoyed our meal along with the view. Balcony dining on Bourbon Street is the way to go. Bayou Burger fits the bill.

Date of visit: October 2018
Joshua M, General Manager at Bayou Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Gmanroadwarrior sorry we failed you on your visit. I will get with my team about this. I am glad you loved the balcony. It is a great place to enjoy the area. Please give us another chance next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Excellent, friendly service. They even let us in a little early on a Saturday so we could watch English Premier League Soccer, before the tvs all turned to college football (which was alright too). I have not had a bad thing to eat here and this is my go to sports bar in New Orleans.

Date of visit: October 2018

Adventure821485 thanks for the great review. We love to hear we are your go to sports bar on the area. See you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Per my title, this is a place to get some good grub and watch your game. They have a ton of TVs which is fantastic for NCAA and NFL game days when you have a ton of games playing all over the country. The drawback is they're smack dab in the heart of Bourbon Street, so cheering, excited patrons will draw tons of other patrons into the joint. So at peak times, it will get crowded in there in a big hurry. With that said, if you get yourself a bar stool or table in front of the game you'd like to watch, you're in business. Kickin' Corn appetizer is SO much better than the description. Try it. The Cochon Nachos = Are. The. Bomb. Such a unique blend of smoked beef, BBQ, and creamy cole slaw. Epic variation on nachos. My mouth is watering as I type this up. I will be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Tony L
Brooke S, Manager at Bayou Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the awesome review! I love to hear when our guests love their experience. The Kickin' Corn is definitely an under-rated favorite of mine. The "boil butter" they're tossed in just makes it. The Cochon Nachos are also a fan favorite. We look forward to seeing y'all again soon!