“Amazing Donuts!”

Buttermilk Drop Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #15 of 28 Bakeries in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 26 January 2017

This hole in the wall place is a must! We were very unsure from the looks of the outside, but the buttermilk drops were the best donut I've had!

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Every review raves about the donuts. I'm not supposed to eat donuts, and I followed the rules this time, but I did order a ham and cheese omelet. It was the best ever. There are only two tables for sit-down eating so I ate in my car. Very nice staff.
Note: It's kind of behind the Church's Chicken.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Two friends and I went here on a Sunday afternoon to get some buttermilk drops. It’s a typical New Orleans inner city bakery located on N. Dorgenois (DER-zhen-wah’) Street. I just found out that there’s a second location, but I’ve never been there before.

The buttermilk drops are “melt in your mouth good”, and of course, they sell milk too so that you can wash ‘em down! No, this is not the nicest, newest bakery that you’ll ever go to, but it’s good stuff. Only $ .80 each, you deserve this scrumptious treat!

One of my friends got two glazed donuts, and she said they were good too!

bb

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This is a little outside of downtown/The French Quarter, so I planned a morning run to get to it. It was well worth the run, and I saw a part of New Orleans I hadn't visited before. The woman at the counter was very friendly and helpful, and the doughnuts were outstanding. I ordered two buttermilk drops and a glazed jelly-filled--and she put a glazed in the bag for me as well, which I found later. All so good. They do other southern foods as well; if that's your thing, everything looked good.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I thought it's a joke, the donut- sandwich, but it's real! It was so very, very good that I went to have it again the next day, and the day after. Yes it's not a fancy or cool place but it's worth going there any way. I highly recommend the whole experience.