City Segway Tours New Orleans
Open today: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm

1,544 results
All reviews hour tour french quarter safety video training session great tour armstrong park great fun a lot of fun highlight of our trip highly recommend this tour private tour his knowledge mississippi river walking tour jackson square mardi gras bourbon street
Reviewed 2 days ago

I had a great time on this tour. it's a great way to see and learn about the city and its history and see some of the beautiful architecture and explore different neighborhoods. Jon was great, really informative and great at helping us navigate the busy streets. it was my first time riding a segway and he made it really easy and fun! i would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn about New Orleans.

Reviewed 2 days ago

This was my sisters first time in New Orleans and her first Segway tour. Steve was fun and knew lots of history. The 3 hour tour was a great way to see lots of areas. There was a total of 7 of us on the tour and it was a perfect number of people. My sister did take a fall, due to miss use of,the Segway but Steve was very professional and my sister was fine, just more embarrassed than anything. Highly recommend

Reviewed 1 week ago

Jon was excellent. Learned a bunch, saw all the sites and learned how to ride the segway easily. We even caught a few second lines touring through the Treme neighborhood on a Sunday afternoon. Highly recommend to learn and play - we also got to race the Segways in a parking lot!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I only had a couple days in New Orleans and was solo, so booked a 3 hour tour with City Segway and I am so happy I did. No one else signed up for my time and instead of cancelling me, I received a private tour with Tim. He was an amazing tour guide, knew lots of history and fun facts and tailored the whole trip to do whatever I wanted. I would highly recommend the 3 hour tour and I would request Tim. Have fun!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

None of our party of three had done anything like this before and we were apprehensive t say the least, but the staff were incredibly patient and helpful in getting everyone in the group confident enough to take the segways out onto the streets. Once I learnt to relax, it was pretty easy to control and it was great fun speeding along the roads of the French Quarter with our very knowledgeable guide Tonya. She even took us into the residential area so we saw things we wouldn't see on a standard walking tour. One of our group has some mobility issues and she managed perfectly well and was happy that she was able to keep up with the rest of us.

For a first timer, I would say the two hour tour is more than enough. It's a bit tough on the feet, ankles and calves - my feet did go a bit numb at one point but there are plenty of stopping points where you can get off and rest your feet.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I love to do Segway tours in cities we visit. It’s always a great way to see a lot of the city in a short amount of time, and we get ideas from the tour of things we might like to go back and spend more time seeing. Our guide was fantastic, and the tour company was very professional. However, due to the narrow sidewalks of New Orleans, the Segways are not able to ride on sidewalks, but are driven down the streets of the French Quarter. The streets are also narrow, crowded and uneven. There are limited places to stop on the streets to talk, so it limits the amount of information given during the tour. However, we were able to go to places in the city that I probably would not have seen if I was on foot, and we learned interesting facts and stories from our tour guide.

2  Thank jenniferaU6309KT
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The ideal way to see a lot of the city close up

Johnathan, our guide was excellent. From safety to local and historical knowledge he was superb

We did a Segway tour in Atlanta a few days ago - that was good / but this one was vastly better

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We started our evening off at the City Segway offices, across the street from the House of Blues (where we had dinner). There was a brief video about safety, and then we got to buzz around the office, a little bit. Then we went out on the town. NOLA is town with very rough roads and narrow sidewalks - we rode on the road, for the vast majority of the tour. While Tim talked about a few things historical, it was much less informative than I expected. What he had to say wasn't really connected into a narrative, as much as a short comment at each location we briefly stopped. Our longest break was at Jackson Square, where we walked around (This is a segway tour...I really wasn't looking for a walking break, especially within the first 1/2 hour of the tour.) After that, we cruised up and down the streets, with a little commentary about the architecture and Tim's favorite places for drinks. I'm not a drinker, but that aside, it felt a little bit like an advertisement for those businesses. We rode past Bourbon St. with very little comment about it, except to mention it's famous and popular with the tourists, but not why. We also rode down Frenchman St...I'd never heard of it, so that was interesting - I came back there, the next day to check out some music, from the street. I would have found the time we wasted at Jackson Square much more useful at the Artists Market off Frenchman, since that's not open all the time, but it was when we were cruising by. We were done with the sites after an hour and a half, so we just cruised up and down the potholes of the french quarter for the next half hour. We ended up down by the waterfront, before heading back. I've done several segway tours, before, and always enjoyed them. Most of the tour guides are passionate about their cities, and their history, and seek out opportunities to talk about them. This is an old city, with plenty of stories to tell. It has a tragic past, with current tragedy. Very little of that came out. Learn some stories about that past - those connect us to it. Tell us stories about the heroism and tragedies during the hurricane, and how it affected the city. Tim may like his city, but we just didn't get the passion shining through. I don't go on tours for blurbs of information. I can get that in guidebooks. Connect us to the past. We didn't even get the freedom to play around on the segways - we pretty much just drove up and down the streets. In all, I was very disappointed on this tour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always enjoy Segway Tours. It is an easy way to get around and see a fair amount of the area in a short period of time.

City Segway Tou... N, General Manager at New Orleans French Quarter Segway Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello!

Thanks for positive review. We love feedback because it helps us improve our tours. If you have the time, could you please email me at neworleans@citysegwaytours.com with how we could have earned an excellent review?

Regards,
Brian

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time on our tour. Great break from all that walking. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and you got a great tour of the city.