1,447 results
All reviews french quarter bourbon street rooftop pool valet parking within walking distance two blocks canal st front desk staff would stay here again valet service location is great fitness center mardi gras garden district hgi floor lobby
Reviewed 7 June 2018

This hotel was a perfect choice for us during our visit to the French Quarter. It is located just 5 minutes, by foot, from the hustle and bustle of the FQ. The hotel itself is nicely appointed and clean and has everything you need in terms of amenities and services. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Philip S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you again next time you're in New Orleans!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this hotel. I chose this hotel over the one where the conference was held. I am an Honors member but I would not recommend this hotel.
The pool was a very weird shade a green (unusable in my opinion), The ice machine on our floor did work and no one seem to want to deal with it. Housekeeping was less than interested in cleaning the room. Refrigerator freezer so covered in frost I could barley find the opening. Smh
The desk clerk is way over worked everytime I stopped at the desk she was doing 3 things once, not her fault they understaff the reception desk. She was trying her best. King and Gregory were both very nice and full of good advice as to where to go and what to see on a short stay.
Next time it will be the Hilton by the river.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay; we really do appreciate it! We strive to make each and every guest happy during their stay and I'd like to apologize for not making that vision a reality for you. Please feel free to get in touch with me or our Rooms Manager by calling the hotel so that we can try to make things right.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Our school district booked this hotel for us while in town for a conference. The staff was friendly and the breakfast hostess was great! The room was creepy! The beds were hard as a rock; however, we were later told that you could adjust the firmness of the mattress. The furniture was dusty and there was some sort of black stain on the sheets (they said it comes from the cleaning company they use). The bathroom tub faucets leaked continuously and the AC was loud. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kimrj2
Reviewed 23 May 2018

While the HGI French Quarter might not be the Four Seasons it certainly has a lot going for it. Located not too far from the airport bus stop and easy to walk to Bourbon & Royal streets, it is in a great location yet far enough away to escape all the noise and hustle & bustle of the city. My room was on the 17th floor faced the city and the superdome so it had an excellent view and very quiet. The better view was up on 18th on the roof where you had a 360 outlook over the city.

The room was very spacious, the bed clean and comfortable, tea and coffee making facilities, a microwave and refrigerator so everything you could need. The décor was perhaps a little dated but everything was spotlessly clean. Wifi worked well and it was easy to connect to even on multiple devices and it was complimentary, unlike some high end hotels. The bathroom was a good size, plenty of counter space and there was also a tub which is a rarity these days. Lots of towels, soaps and gels which were replaced daily.

Breakfast was included in my rate otherwise it was $14.95 p.p. and it included cooked to order eggs or an omelet which was brought to your table with bacon, sausage and potato by the excellent chef. There was also a waffle maker so you could make you own with the batter provided. Good selection of grapefruit halves, berries and fruits. Choice of breads, cereal, bagels and pastries so something for everyone along with the usual juices and coffee. The wait staff were very friendly and greeted us every morning. The hotel concierge was happy to help organize tours and trips for you or just provide maps and directions. Small business center just off the lobby with ATM and printer should you need to print your boarding pass. I especially liked the complimentary water cooler and iced tea ( different flavor every day) cooler in the lobby where you could pour a glass and admire the views over the city from the 11th floor.

The roof terrace was really never too busy unlike the NOPSI hotel opposite and there was also a small pool and lots of sun loungers to chill out on and enjoy the sun. Lots of restaurants and bars are moments away as are the street cars which were fun to ride ($1.25) but sometimes very busy and slow. Overall, a great location, a perfectly good hotel for the price with knowledgeable and friendly staff, what’s not to like about the HGI French Quarter !

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Philip S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thanks for a great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you again!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I felt swindled! Horrible little room, which was supposed to be an upgrade. No water pressure. Hard mattress. We thought the roof-top pool would be fun but water was dirty. Totally disappointing. But, great location and easy to get to Bourbon Street.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Philip S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

First, please let me apologize for allowing you to leave unhappy. We truly do not like when our guest don't completely enjoy themselves. Thank you for your visit and your review. Your feedback helps us to identify our problems with our hotel. We would love to be able to assist you with your stay. Please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience so that we can make this right. Either myself or our Rooms Manager can assist you.

Thank you!