I stayed here for a couple of days on business. First, the location was only a couple of blocks from Canal and Bourbon Street, very close to the action in the quarter. It was also very close to the convention center, as well as the riverfront. I was able to walk to anything nearby. Additionally, I was able to get a room on a high floor on the end, looking directly out to the river - a wonderful view.
The room was arranged a bit strangely, and it wasn't easy to work at the desk or sit on the couch to watch TV. However, that could just be the way the rooms on the end were arranged, and sacrifice that for the view. There was a small tear in the comforter, which was a bit of a turn off, but I've learned not to trust them, making it the first thing I usually tear off the bed and set aside. The wifi and wired internet connections were a bit tricky (they do change the access code every day), but I was eventually able to get logged on.
The room rate was very reasonable, around $100/night, great for the location. However, the parking fee was nearly a third of the room rate, at $30/night.
The breakfast in the morning wasn't too bad - fruits, a couple of warmers with the typical dehydrated hotel eggs, bacon or sausage.
Overall, the hotel was clean, and my limited interactions with the staff were friendly. However, the location is what makes this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites