“If your in the neighborhood, take time to stop by.”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2012

After taking a cruise from New Orleans, we decided to stay a couple days at Harrahs.
The room was very nice. SPACIOUS AND COMFORTABLE. There was even an in room coffee pot (they seem to be getting extinct lately), They have a Ruth Chris Steak house.
In addition to the steak house the casino has numerous restaurants ranging from the buffet,to Bamboo, an oriental and even a very good sandwich shop called McCallister's. From Harrhs you are also within walking distance to Manning's Restaurant. You have a lot of food choices
that are all handy to the hotel

There is a tunnel that takes yiou across the street to the casino. When we were there the weather was gorgeous, but in inclement weather the tunnel would be very useful.

The front desk and conceirge were very helpful. They arranged transportation
back to the airport for us,

The hotel is located within walking distance of the ports and also very accessible to the
buses and streetcars. New Orleans has a lot of interesting places to see and the street car is
a fun way to do it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Great hotel, great casino - visited the weekend after Mardi Gras - arrived 3 days after and there were still a lot of people there.The hotel is across the street from the casino and even though there is underground tunnel access from the hotel to the casino, it was just a lot more convenient to go out the hotel front door and cross the street to get there. The major parts of our trip were comped by Caesars Entertainment/ Harrahs New Orleans - air, ground transportation from the airport, hotel and a couple of meals at the hotel. We had access to the Diamond Club which was located inside the casino. One of the best parts of the trip! The hostess inside the Diamond Club was friendly, personable and accommodating. Out of the two visits inside for drinks and snacks, only once was there just a 'couch with a coffee table' but a table opened up within 5 minutes and she got us moved over with ease. I can't say enough good things about her - can't recall her name though is started with a C - I'm thinking Corneta?! She is a true asset to Harrahs! They had several snack options which was plenty as it covered all bases. Mini muffalettas, crackers, cheese and fruit, chips and dip, etc. The casino was always full but never had a problem getting on the desired slot machines (which have a beverage service request - it was Awesome!) The drinks were ALWAYS delivered very promptly. As for the hotel, itself, the Staff couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating! They were tremendous - at times they had short lines but they moved very quickly. The housekeeping staff was always available within minutes as was room service. The ONLY complaint and my friend noticed it not me is that it appeared the floor in the 'commode room,' separate from the shower and main bathroom, hadn't been swept thoroughly. Ruth's Chris is located just outside the lobby and I only ordered a drink from the bar which is separate from the restaurant. Again, the bartender was very prompt and mixed a good strong drink which should be the case since it cost $14 - grey goose and club soda. If the trip hadn't been fully comped, I would still stay there - again, their entire staff was so very prompt, accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea K
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Booked and pre-paid for 2 King rooms w/river views. At check-in, we are told they have no King rooms available. Told us we could stay in the double rooms for all 3 nights or we could stay one night in the double room and then "possibly" move to a king if they have one open up. I pre-booked and pre-paid. I should have gotten what I was promised. The double room with NO river view was ok. Room was spacious and clean. Room service was 'ok'. I would have rated this higher if I didn't feel like we got ripped off a little. I should have gotten what I paid for and pre-booked. I really don't think I would stay here again. I would try a different hotel and see if I could get my King bed that I paid for.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have stayed at Harrahs New Orleans 3 times now. It is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. The rooms are a nice size and clean. It is a good location to be able to walk to the French Quarter area and also waterfront/convention center area. We are Harrahs Diamond members so get these rooms for free....but always manage to pay for them at the casino!
My only service issue was the last night I had been given a late check-out 1pm. The housekeeper came knocking on my door at 11:15am...ugh! This happens at so many hotels...why bother giving a late check-out and then not inform your cleaning staff!
other than that is was a great stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor facing the river. Excellent view of the boats coming and going if you...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish W
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The staff was exceptionally hospitable. Friendly and inviting from the moment we entered the property. The hotel room had wonderful decor and layout. The bathroom was very clean and large. With it's location is within walking distance to many attractions - the riverwalk, french market & french quarter, there is no need to have a car. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple