“Magnificent cajun inspired protien rich food”
Review of Cochon

Cochon
Ranked #104 of 2,104 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The restaurant has expanded dramatically since our last visit about three years ago. The
menu focuses on meat- beef and pork- with some limited fish. My wife had the baked triple tail with a side of smothered greens in with ham t bits. She also had a poached shrimp salad which she really enjoyed. I had a magnificent chicken and andouille gumbo
as my first course. My second course was a braised short rib served on a bed of local rice.

Service was excellent, but beware the prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We made reservations for lunch, which we did not end up needing because the place is deceptively large, but it did fill up by the time we were finishing. The mac and cheese was very good and my fiance really enjoyed his ribs. It is definitely heavy comfort food, but it is very well done. Our waitress was friendly, as was the girl she was training. Very good, but prepare to feel very sleepy from being full afterwards!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

On our first night in New Orleans, we followed the advice of friends and went to Cochon. Because we are not heavy dinner eaters, we split the Smoked Ham Hock dish, which was superb. We also had Key Lime Pudding for dessert--also excellent. Service was prompt and very friendly.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Good Cajun cookin'. Loud and rambunctious. Food was home style Cajun and prepared very well. Good drinks list and very good wine list. Wait staff very attentive and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The food was just ok. The service was excellent, but I rate places based on how the food is. It was overpriced and the flavor profiles were not that exciting. My sister got the fish, that looked to be the best dish at our table including the: Cuchon, rabbit stew, Crab Salad, Aligator sausage, Short rib.