“Good food and ambience”

Ranked #107 of 2,100 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I have to say that the 5 of us were a bit underdressed for lunch at Cochon. they seated us outside (not sure if our t-shirts were the reason). Service was good and friendly. Prices were fair. We were all very pleased with our food - I had a gumbo that was great. Inside was well appointed, seemed like a white collar younger crowd. With the visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We had the chance to have our dinner in their terrace.

Local beer and best pulled pork ever even if it was too salty for me.

Desserts deserve a try.

Highly recommended if you stop by New Orleans

Reviewed 15 May 2018

One of the best meals we had in New Orleans. So many great options to choose from and we went there for Sunday Brunch and every option was great. A great restaurant.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

My husband and I flew in on a Friday night and had a show to get to at the Republic at 8pm, so we wanted to find something nearby. We walked there from our hotel on Canal St and it was definitely away from all the FQ craziness. He had researched the Butcher and the Restaurant, and we figured we would go to the butcher, since it was a quicker and we had no reservations. We popped into the restaurant just to check it out, were told the wait was 35 minutes and went outside to debate what to do. We were outside for possibly 30 seconds when the host scurried out and said she had a table opening up. So we really lucked out. I would recommend a reservation for this place and it is worth it! It is a pork-focused menu and it was all fantastic. My husband got a local beer and I had the Black Magic Woman. I am not a big cocktail drinker, but this one was divine and quite sippable. We shared the macaroni and cheese, the chicken livers, and the cochon entrée dish. The fried chicken livers were hands down my very favorite and I am still thinking about them. It was an excellent flavor combination with the crispy livers, the perfect pepper jelly, and the toast. It was garnished with mint, which was the perfect touch. The mac was a casserole style and just stunningly delicious--great flavor and consistency, perfect noodles. The cochon was much different than what you would get at Jazz Fest. But it was amazing. A perfectly crunchy and flavorful piece of shredded pork, served with pickled turnips and cabbage, and cracklins---SWOON! What a perfect dish. The desserts all sounds amazing but we were too stuffed. Next time. Great flavor and texture combinations all around and excellent service. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

As you eat your way through NOLA, be sure to hit Cochon. I loved that it was located away from the madness of the French Quarter. Service is attentive, warm and welcoming. The salad with picked pears was okay(a bit too vinegar-y for my taste) but the real prize was the special grilled pork chop which was tender and flavorful. More than enough for 2. Ambience is casual but energetic.