“Delicious food, fun lively atmosphere.”
Review of Cochon

Cochon
Ranked #111 of 2,091 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is clean and lively with a wide variety of seating configurations. I was with a group so I got to sample several appetizers. The wood fired oysters, the fried alligator and the items on the boucherie plate were all delicious. They pickle a lot of things and the pickling is delicious. I had the oyster and bacon sandwich, which was delicious and the pickled cabbage on the sandwich made it especially good. Everyone in the group enjoyed their food, the atmosphere and good service. We also shared the Mac and cheese casserole, which is a good size to share. The Mac and cheese was creamy, steamy and delicious. There was a wide variety of entree options which was great for a large group - meat, fish and great soup, salads and sides. We had a very enjoyable meal and experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

A very busy restaurant, rightfully so, as the food and service was perfect. Fortunately we had a reservation or it would have been a long wait. We started with charbroiled oysters which was a great start. I ordered the short rib, very tender and tasty. My husband shared his oyster bacon sandwich with me - OMG!!!

The restaurant is loud as it’s crowded but the food experience takes away the unpleasant noise level. A must go to restaurant when in New Orleans!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We had a very nice dinner at Cochon over the weekend. The staff was courteous, patient with our group of 6, efficient, and very helpful with recommendations.

The entire restaurant is very noisy which makes normal conversation difficult. The atmosphere is fun, though, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, drinks and the evening.

We ordered from the small plate and entrée selections and everyone liked their choices. Plate passing, for tasting, was the order of the night and it gave us all a chance to sample the delicious offerings. Of note, the gumbo, smoked pork ribs and the fish special were especially good. The menu is a bit pricy but the items we ordered were so good, we overlooked the menu prices.

Drinks, mostly wine, were also good if a bit overpriced. However, they have a nice selection of international and US wines sure to please any taste.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This place never fails to deliver. I brought 4 people who had never been. They loved it!!!

Grilled oysters are incredible!!! I should always get two orders for myself.
The roasted red fish is outstanding. Cooked so perfectly every time. The flavor jumps off into your mouth. The rib app is what ribs should taste like. The sauce is perfect and meat is smoked just right.
Mac and cheese is always a great side. Greens are too. Love the cucumber salad!
Prices very good. Atmosphere is excellent. Can get loud.
You must remember to make a reservation because it always fills up.
I love going here and it’s always a must when I’m in town.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

The Butcher was outstanding. We ordered our lunch and then the rains came. We had no choice to relax and enjoy our lunch and cool beverages. What a pleasant way to spend a storm.