All reviews garden district old mansion the wi fi lovely room block properties
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The Queen Anne Hotel is a nice little place in the garden district. It has quaint rooms in an old mansion / house. However the breakfast is a poor continental, the Wi-Fi was terrible during our stay & I don't know if the TV comes through the Wi-Fi but it was unwatchable as it kept breaking up into pixels the whole evening. Gave up after several attempts. Then the bed is worn as it has a slope towards the middle. Time to do some upgrades to keep this quaint hotel viable.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I love the location. I was there two years agao and again this year May 12-17-2017. In that two years, they still have not figured out how to fix their phone service which doesn't work. I asked to be transferred to a room where the phone system worked. I was moved -- another beautiful room, no good phone service! If you don't need a land line this is fine. Their breakfast has now been moved over a block away in the alley behind the office. NOT GOOD. I don't know why they closed their breakfast room across the street. I think they should add hard boiled eggs (for protein)and get their breakfast room back for those of us who have some issues with walking over a block to get a so-so breakfast. I will not be back and cannot recommend it when there are other properties in the Garden District that provide the ambience and also maintain their facilities. I went to visit my son who is in the film business there and to see the sites in this great city, while feeling safe as I am a senior and a widow.

Room Tip: Bring your cell phone. Have breakfast elsewhere. Be able to climb stairs and walk a lot. Great location.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Lovely old period hotel, room was lovely and very clean, breakfast was in another sister hotel down the road, selection was limited but a good choice, good location, good free parking at sister hotel down the road

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete S
Reviewed 26 March 2017

This hotel is in the beautiful garden district, some residential, some commercial. It's one of those old southern houses converted to a hotel. It is showing its age, could use some TLC but it is kind of cool because of that very condition if you know what I mean and it isn't expensive. The location is good for walking to some great restaurants too such as Samuel's Blind Pelican :)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina F
Reviewed 27 December 2016

When I was looking for a place to stay for one night before I went on a cruise this place came up in my search. I thought that I would try this one out because I have always wanted to stay in the Garden District when I came to visit New Orleans. I made a good choice, because this place was very nice.

I checked in a little after three at the sister hotel down the street, the lady at the desk was warm and helpful about parking and how to get into the Queen Anne, So, after I parked and got into my second story room (caution to those, there aren't any elevators in this establishment).

The room itself was small but very nicely furnished with a queen sized bed, which was very comfortable! I slept well that night, and was quite refreshed the next morning. They do serve a continental breakfast in one of the sister hotels, but alas it had rained that morning so they served it in the lobby.

They have plenty of parking and the hotel itself is very clean and quiet. I know when I come back to the city ,i'm going to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo